Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My predictions

biggunsbob

I will do a rundown of each final championship game like last year with all the stats but I thought I would try this and see if I can predict who makes it.. Or should I say jinx them lol

D-1
Bottom half of the bracket is so much harder then the top half but I will take
Detroit Cass Tech verses Clarkson.. Cass Tech three peats.
Rockford could make a deep run..

D-2
This one is easy.
District winner between Muskegon and Lowell verses Birmingham Brother Rice.
Rice wins a three peat also..

D-3
This one is wide open I will go.
Grand Rapids Christian verses Lapeer west .. others maybe Dewitt, Battle Creek harper Creek,Zeeland west..
GRCC wins again... probably won't win it all if Harris does not play.

D-4
probably
South Christian verses Sexton but I do not like South Christian.
Others.. Detroit country Day, Marine City, Grand rapids catholic central .
Sexton wins it all.. (I can't pick SC who will win it).

D5.
Another great division..so many so teams.
I will go
Menominee verses Jackson Lumen Christi.
Christi wins it all..
Look out for Portland (defending champ) and Grand Rapids West Catholic winner.

D-6
Have no clue I guess I will go
Madison Heights Madison verses Saginaw Nouvel
Madison Heights wins it all..

D-7
Rematch of last year.
Ishpeming verses Detroit Loyola
This time DL takes down the kids from the UP.. This game was so interesting last year.

D-8
Bottom half is a lot tougher
Crystal Falls Forest park from the top half always seems to make it.
Verses Muskegon Catholic Central.
Sorry CFFP you will lose another final game.
MCC wins it al..

Last edited:
I will do a rundown of each final championship game like last year with all the stats but I thought I would try this and see if I can predict who makes it.. Or should I say jinx them lol

D-1
Bottom half of the bracket is so much harder then the top half but I will take
Detroit Cass Tech verses Clarkson.. Cass Tech three peats.
Rockford could make a deep run..

D-2
This one is easy.
District winner between Muskegon and Lowell verses Birmingham Brother Rice.
Rice wins a three peat also..

D-3
This on is wide open I will go.
Grand Rapids Christian verses Lapeer west .. others maybe Dewitt, Battle Creek harper Creek,Zeeland west..
GRCC wins again... probably won't win it all if Harris does not play.

D-4
probably
South Christian verses Sexton but I do not like South Christian.
Others.. Detroit country Day, Marine City, Grand rapids catholic central .
Sexton wins it all.. (I can't pick SC who will win it).

D5.
Another great division..so many so teams.
I will go
Menominee verses Jackson Lumen Christi.
Christi wins it all..
Look out for Portland (defending champ) and Grand Rapids West Catholic winner.

D-6
Have no clue I guess I will go
Madison Heights Madison verses Saginaw Nouvel
Madison Heights wins it all..

D-7
Rematch of last year.
Ishpeming verses Detroit Loyola
This time DL takes down the kids from the UP.. This game was so interesting last year.

D-8
Bottom half is a lot tougher
Crystal Falls Forest park from the top half always seems to make it.
Verses Muskegon Catholic Central.
Sorry CFFP you will lose another final game.
MCC wins it al..

Without knowing what happened this season, its hard to make any predictions. But what you got there sounds about right, looking at paper. Only thing I would say different is Menominee in div 5 and i just can't ever go against those Hornets of Mendon in Div 8. They are always good.

Yes I agree only reason I did not pick mention Mendon is I think I heard they lost their QB...

First of many Bob jinxes are in ... # 2 in Divison six Jackson Lumen Christi was beaten at home tonight!!

Go BC !!!! Just got back from Battle creek and the # 3 seed Bulldogs Smashed Battle Creek Harper Creek 28-3,and now they get a home game as the #4 seed Wayland beat Plainwell 35-21. What a wacky districrt..
And now that BC will have a home game South Christian will now play next week at Grandville high school and they will play Allendale...

Mona Shores gave Lowell all they could handle last night. A couple late turnovers did them in though. Muskegon @ Lowell next week

Mona Shores gave Lowell all they could handle last night. A couple late turnovers did them in though. Muskegon @ Lowell next week

Normally the winner makes it to the final game.. I am sure we talked about this but why can't the MSHAA make it so they can meet in the regional's at the earliest.. All it would take is a little district/regional tweaking...

Bro Rice stomps Groves 42-0.

Nice!

I don't think Seaholm's upset of Southfield is as big of a deal as the press made it out to be... suburban schools usually play better team sports.

I don't know if Seaholm can keep it going against Rice next week. I hope not; I always hated Seaholm & Seaholm kids.

Bro Rice stomps Groves 42-0.

Nice!

I don't think Seaholm's upset of Southfield is as big of a deal as the press made it out to be... suburban schools usually play better team sports.

I don't know if Seaholm can keep it going against Rice next week. I hope not; I always hated Seaholm & Seaholm kids.

All of them? Seaholm and Southfield did not generate the animosity that the other schools in our league did: Berkley, Hazel Park and Ferndale. (depending on the sport, well the Hazel Park kids were animals) ... and there was Dondero, but that's a different demographic altogether. We (Kimball) had a huge rock in the front of our school. Some enterprising Dondero kids stole it, borrowing a dump truck from one of their parents. The prank was impressive, we all agreed.

All of them? Seaholm and Southfield did not generate the animosity that the other schools in our league did: Berkley, Hazel Park and Ferndale. (depending on the sport, well the Hazel Park kids were animals) ... and there was Dondero, but that's a different demographic altogether. We (Kimball) had a huge rock in the front of our school. Some enterprising Dondero kids stole it, borrowing a dump truck from one of their parents. The prank was impressive, we all agreed.

well, our biggest rival was Catholic Central, of course. even our cross country meets would get pretty heated with them, but it wasn't like we really encountered CC kids outside of sports anywhere.

the closest school geographically to us was Seaholm, I think and there was a lot of mutual dislike there. maybe it came from the social scene more than athletics. we'd party in the same areas around Birmingham/Bloomfield, and there were always lame rich kid fights that would break out sometimes.

Country Day was also just down the street, but there wasn't a lot of overlap between us, since they were Class B, and were mainly composed of nerdy rich kids or drug-addict rich kids, in either case who didn't care.

well, our biggest rival was Catholic Central, of course. even our cross country meets would get pretty heated with them, but it wasn't like we really encountered CC kids outside of sports anywhere.

the closest school geographically to us was Seaholm, I think and there was a lot of mutual dislike there. maybe it came from the social scene more than athletics. we'd party in the same areas around Birmingham/Bloomfield, and there were always lame rich kid fights that would break out sometimes.

Country Day was also just down the street, but there wasn't a lot of overlap between us, since they were Class B, and were mainly composed of nerdy rich kids or drug-addict rich kids, in either case who didn't care.

My only direct contact with Rice kids were when we played them in baseball. I thought they were equally classy win, or lose, though we beat them three of four when I played on the Kimball varsity. I also had a good friend on the Rice team at the time.

My only direct contact with Rice kids were when we played them in baseball. I thought they were equally classy win, or lose, though we beat them three of four when I played on the Kimball varsity. I also had a good friend on the Rice team at the time.

we had no issues with Royal Oak. I hung out in Royal Oak a fair amount of time. one of my good friends lived at 12 & woodward, and his dad was one of the assistant coaches on our track & cc teams.

there are actually a fair amount of Rice students from all over the metro Detroit area, so to visit friends/hangout, I'd be all over, from Northville or Farmington Hills to the corners of Rochester, and in most places it seems people liked/respected us.

it's a pretty awesome story so far, with Fracassa going out like this... they're undefeated and playing really well. I have no idea who will replace him when he's gone.

The Rice QB, Alex Malzone, is apparently a huge Michigan fan. I read he's sent Borges tape, but we haven't shown more than a passing interest in him. I don't think Rice has ever sent a QB to Michigan who saw playing time for us.

we had no issues with Royal Oak. I hung out in Royal Oak a fair amount of time. one of my good friends lived at 12 & woodward, and his dad was one of the assistant coaches on our track & cc teams.

there are actually a fair amount of Rice students from all over the metro Detroit area, so to visit friends/hangout, I'd be all over, from Northville or Farmington Hills to the corners of Rochester, and in most places it seems people liked/respected us.

12 and Woodward was where I grew up from 1960-1975.

it's a pretty awesome story so far, with Fracassa going out like this... they're undefeated and playing really well. I have no idea who will replace him when he's gone.

The Rice QB, Alex Malzone, is apparently a huge Michigan fan. I read he's sent Borges tape, but we haven't shown more than a passing interest in him. I don't think Rice has ever sent a QB to Michigan who saw playing time for us.

My $$ is on Dave Sofran taking over for Al. He has an "Assistant Head Coach" title as it is.

I think Rice has leaned the coaching staff in preparation for Al's inevitable departure. Some mainstays of many years have left in the last couple years (including Jamie Boerkoel), and I suspect it was so that the named successor would be more of an obvious choice that would be difficult to second guess.

Malzone is a great high school QB and it is interesting that he ended up at Rice while his older brother was at CC. When you are a passing QB, you are better fitted in the Rice system for sure compared to that of CC where your job is to hand the ball off, or run it yourself 90% of the time.

My $$ is on Dave Sofran taking over for Al. He has an "Assistant Head Coach" title as it is.

I think Rice has leaned the coaching staff in preparation for Al's inevitable departure. Some mainstays of many years have left in the last couple years (including Jamie Boerkoel), and I suspect it was so that the named successor would be more of an obvious choice that would be difficult to second guess.

Malzone is a great high school QB and it is interesting that he ended up at Rice while his older brother was at CC. When you are a passing QB, you are better fitted in the Rice system for sure compared to that of CC where your job is to hand the ball off, or run it yourself 90% of the time.

interesting. Sofran was a good guy.

Rick Fracassa isn't the frosh coach anymore, is he?

interesting. Sofran was a good guy.

Rick Fracassa isn't the frosh coach anymore, is he?

No, not for quite some time. It seems Rick had some kind of falling out with Brother Rice and perhaps his father. I have heard that he has little to nothing nice to say about Brother Rice.

Rick ended up sending his son (standout QB and baseball player) to Sterling Height Stevenson instead of Brother Rice. The kid set all kinds of Michigan HS Football passing records I believe. Not sure of all the reasons he didn't end up at Brother Rice, but there were stories of Rick somewhat shopping his kid around looking for the best place he could start at QB very young.

No, not for quite some time. It seems Rick had some kind of falling out with Brother Rice and perhaps his father. I have heard that he has little to nothing nice to say about Brother Rice.

Rick ended up sending his son (standout QB and baseball player) to Sterling Height Stevenson instead of Brother Rice. The kid set all kinds of Michigan HS Football passing records I believe. Not sure of all the reasons he didn't end up at Brother Rice, but there were stories of Rick somewhat shopping his kid around looking for the best place he could start at QB very young.

interesting.

story I heard from a Rice teacher (this was circa 2002, and is not surprising to me because Rick was a "loud, outspoken, short fuse" guy) was some parents demanded the school remove him as the frosh football coach. Al stood by him at the time, and the school administration backed down. Any parting of ways must've happened after that.

I didn't know Rick had a son, but yeah, I could see his decision to send him to play for someone else sending a pretty clear message and accounting for any break.

interesting.

story I heard from a Rice teacher (this was circa 2002, and is not surprising to me because Rick was a "loud, outspoken, short fuse" guy) was some parents demanded the school remove him as the frosh football coach. Al stood by him at the time, and the school administration backed down. Any parting of ways must've happened after that.

I didn't know Rick had a son, but yeah, I could see his decision to send him to play for someone else sending a pretty clear message and accounting for any break.

Heard similar stuff about Rick while he was at Rice and I think it got to the point where Al could no longer "provide cover" for Rick, and had to ask him to leave.

I suspect Rick wasn't happy that Al asked him to leave, so when the time came, he shopped his kid's talents to anyone who would listen, not named Al Fracassa.

Ironically, in 2009, the younger Fracassa had a terrific Senior year leading the Titans of Sterling Heights Stevenson to the State Championship game only to lose to............CC!

Someone I know who knows him says Rick has said very negative things about Rice on social media.

Last edited:
Heard similar stuff about Rick while he was at Rice and I think it got to the point where Al could no longer "provide cover" for Rick, and had to ask him to leave.

I suspect Rick wasn't happy that Al asked him to leave, so when the time came, he shopped his kid's talents to anyone who would listen, not named Al Fracassa.

Ironically, in 2009, the younger Fracassa had a terrific Senior year leading the Titans of Sterling Heights Stevenson to the State Championship game only to lose to............CC!

Someone I know who knows him says Rick has said very negative things about Rice on social media.

I stumbled upon his facebook page once as he has added some former players I went to school with as friends (I went to Rice in the mid 90s).

I didn't see anything negative about Rice, but he had no privacy settings adjusted whatsoever, and was fond of sharing Bill O. & Fox News articles and posting in ALL CAPS about OBAMA.

Good stuff guys......I was at Bishop Foley from 80-83.......you guys remember MI HOF Coach Chuck Skinner of Hazel Park, then Seaholm? I was great friends with his daughter. Way before that, at the Hall of the divine child military academy in Monroe.....I played with Aaron Roberts....he went on to CC, was ranked one of the best runnings back in the country...went to MSU, lost 4 teeth on his first big ten carry vs. Wisconsin, and eventually was shot over a pair of shoes or something on the east side

Nice to see a prep board with a little life.

Back