Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Byron Center 28-13 Final Distict champs!

biggunsbob

8-3 BC wins only their 2nd district trophy ever!!!!

BC Play's Stevensville Lakeshore 8-3 at their place next week in the regional finals!!!!

Last edited:
congrats, Bob. sounds like a good year for high school football in Michigan.

and my Warriors smeared Seaholm all over Berkley, 34-7.

nice to have some football results to be happy with.

Thanks!!!! Yeah extra practices are a big deal at this level in my opinion..

I bet there are 6 teams in D1 pulling for Dakota to beat Cass Tech.

If Cass Tech can be beat, it will be outdoors, in the cold, in the wind, perhaps some rain, on a real grass field. Real grass is perhaps the best way to characterize the field Cass Tech has at their place. Most would suggest it's dust and mud and craters. If I'm Cass Tech, I explore moving this home game to King or Renaissance High.

I bet there are 6 teams in D1 pulling for Dakota to beat Cass Tech.

If Cass Tech can be beat, it will be outdoors, in the cold, in the wind, perhaps some rain, on a real grass field. Real grass is perhaps the best way to characterize the field Cass Tech has at their place. Most would suggest it's dust and mud and craters. If I'm Cass Tech, I explore moving this home game to King or Renaissance High.

No doubt about that.. Cass Tech is really on a roll... They are really that good..

No doubt about that.. Cass Tech is really on a roll... They are really that good..
I bet there are teams in D 2 with a better chance of beating them than D1. The overall strength of D1 this year is pretty poor. Outside of Cass Tech of course.

I bet there are teams in D 2 with a better chance of beating them than D1. The overall strength of D1 this year is pretty poor. Outside of Cass Tech of course.

In D1, I think Clarkston and Dakota could give Cass Tech a game in proper outdoor conditions. I'd be inclined to say the same about DCC but the lopsided nature of their last 2 meetings lingers. Cass Tech was just better regardless of where they played.

Cass Tech struggled a bit against Warren Mott last week. A late kick return (initially misplayed) for a TD turned the game into a 9 point win. In the past couple years they have struggled a bit in other playoff games outdoors. In 2011 they only scored 6 points in each of two playoff games (both wins of course 6-0 and 6-3) preceding the finals. Their offense is at it's best indoors with warm temps and no wind.

In D2 I think Muskegon could give them a game in the right conditions. And I think Brother Rice could give them a game anywhere. King hung with them in a 20-14 game a few weeks ago.

They're the favorite, but I think they can be had. I would love to see Brother Rice play them.

I agree with that also.. D-2 is loaded with great teams.. Funny D-3 appears to be wide open and I think the teams from D-3 to D-5 are all pretty close..

Back