Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

BBR 38 Muskegon 21 Final D-2

biggunsbob

Friday 1pm
Birmingham Brother Rice (13-0) vs. Muskegon (12-1)

Big boy football.
all-time record.
BBR.......................411-129-4 (1962)
Muskegon..............437-182-10.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BBR's class size
BBR is a state power house
BBR is the defending D-2 state champion and they beat the Big Reds last year 35-28 in a great state final championship game.. They also won in 2011 so they are going for a three peat. also won in 2005,200,1990, and have been runners up many times..
Points for/against
450/150 their defense has pitched 2 shutouts and they crushed through the playoffs with ease .. This teams is tough.. They play tough teams. they are good..

http://michigan-football.com/f/birbrice.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Reds.
Class size

Big Reds are a state power house just like BBR.. As mentioned they lost in the finals last year to the same BBR team.. Muskegon just like BBR plays really tough teams.. Only won by 6 verses a tough Portage central team in the semi-finals 41-35 and have a points for/against of
475/169.. Last title win was in 2008.. I think they are 5-1 overall in title games. Their defense has 3 shutouts. Big reds were losing 35-34 verses PC in the semis and the defense forced two fourth quarter punts with the second one leading to the winning td.

http://michigan-football.com/f/muskegon.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------prediction

Another public verses private match-up.
BBR with its chance for a three peat with the Muskegon Big reds standing in its way.
Not sure how the ankle is for the Big reds Qb.. I guess it is ok.

I think you have to favor the two time defending state champion.

BBR -3

Big Reds win with a late td by six..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

semi-final scores.
SF1: Muskegon 41, Portage Central 35
SF2: Birmingham Brother Rice 43, Detroit Martin Luther King 20

Last edited:
Muskegon looks to make it 2 for 2 for Muskegon schools.

It really sucks that Muskegon, Mona Shores and Reeths-Puffer were in the same district. They really had some great games between each other this year. Would loved to have been able to see 2 of those schools match up in the final. Although I truly believe the 2 best teams in Division 2 are playing today.

Both offenses come out on their first drives and score 7 with ease. This could be another great game.

Brotha Rice comes right back and goes up 14-7 with a nice 1 handed td grab.

Now Muskegon powers right down the field with power running to tie back up 14-14. 4 possessions and 4 td's. Wow

After a couple punts Brotha Rice goes back on top 21-14. A couple flags kept the drive alive.

BBR appears to be the more balanced team... Missed most of the half though..

Thrower is a pretty good passer. They just haven't really had to throw because their run game has been pretty damn good.

24-14 now... 11:55 in the fourth... BBR more balanced passing and running..
BBR is stopping the run..

Fumble...Ballgame..It will take a miracle for The Big Reds now...

Last edited:
Yup, that about does it. Hard to beat a team that doesn't make mistakes. BR is a very fundamental sound team.

Looks like three in a row for BBR is going to happen...
Private schools will be up 2-0 verses public with four games to go..
Bob's now 0-2..LOL
I did pick South Christian so maybe Marine City will keep me winless...LOL..

BBR improves to 14-0. (I think this is 9 titles for BBR now)
Muskegon falls to 12-2.

Last edited:
Good to see a legend go out on top.........but, I have to question running a fake fg up 17 with under 5 mins to go.

Good to see a legend go out on top.........but, I have to question running a fake fg up 17 with under 5 mins to go.

Yeah fucking bullshit. fake FG is total crap.... Screw private schools...

Back