Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MCC 35 Beal City 12 Final D-8

biggunsbob

Friday at 10 am.
Muskegon Catholic Central (11-2) vs. Beal City (13-0)
all-time since 1950

MCC is.........424-194-7 (1953)
Beal city is....430-184-3

Private school MCC's class size is 167 last title was in 2008 and this team really plays tough competition compared to its class size with its only losses to Mona shores and Muskegon Catholic Central team has five shutouts and
points for/against are 540/116. they were not tested at all in their four playoff wins..

link below should take you to MCC scores..

http://michigan-football.com/f/muskcc.htm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beal city has a class size of 218 and is a public school power house. Lost in last years finals to Harbor Beach 35-10Last title was in 2009.. BC has 7 shutouts this season and points for/against are a staggering
725/101......Looks like they also were not tested to much in the state playoffs this season.
Beal City is averaging a whopping 55.7 a game on offense..

http://michigan-football.com/f/bealcity.htm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My prediction should be MCC -10.5 in this public verses private school match-up as I believe they have played the much tougher schedule this year..
But for some reason I am going to go against what my gut is telling me and pick
Beal city by 4....

semi final scores.
Beal City 34, Crystal Falls Forest Park 18
Muskegon Catholic Central 45, New Lothrop 14

Last edited:
Never go with against your gut biggunsbob. MCC defense is way to dominating for Beal to work through. This MCC team closely mirrors that of the 2008 state champs. Not to mention MCC's Tommy Scott, Tyler, and Lewandowski. I have learned throughout the years to never go against MCC. They are explosive. I predict MCC wins by 21.

Yeah I am sure it they will be bigger and much faster and stronger. They play tougher teams..It is my prejudice against private schools coming out sorry to say..

Not going to try and change your opinion of private schools. The only one I am familiar with is MCC. I grew up on the lakeshore so I am aware of all the schools in Muskegon and surrounding areas. MCC, in my opinion, just work well with what they have. I know they get those boys in that weight room at 12-13 years old. It's just a good football tradition, like a number of public schools have. They are entertaining to watch and I am looking forward to some power football Friday.

There sure will be a lot of power football that is for sure... Look no further then
Zeeland West In D-3..It amazes me how many points they can score out of the
Wing-t offense.
Menominee from the UP is super fun to watch...Nothing better then seeing
Single Wing football work...

MCC is so much bigger then Beal City on both sides of the ball from what I see.. MCC scores on the first play from scrimmage . Beal City is the more balanced team passing and running.. Beal City is having trouble stopping the bigger MCC running game...

Last edited:
Nice to see a D-8 school that can throw and run (Beal City) Heck a lot of Higher school teams can't throw as good as Beal City can..

I think Beal city should throw deep more..

Last edited:
Both defenses stiffen on opening drives of the third... MCC was first then BC... Now MCC has it again...

Ballgame...MCC 66 yard td.. His third TD of the day

Last edited:
Look at how big Number 62 is for MCC...LOL...
It is a joke the MSHAA lets a team this big play in D-8 just because of their class size.. I have already seen one BC play go out with a apparent concussion today.. Their line is so freaking big... They would crush some Division 3 teams..

BC is done... You can see it. BC's players have a lot of down shoulders...

My buddy coaches D(d line) for MCC. He says these kids worked harder in the offseason than any team he's been a part of.

My buddy coaches D(d line) for MCC. He says these kids worked harder in the offseason than any team he's been a part of.

That normally happens with teams in championship games... It also helps if your team has a lot more talent and you are bigger then the other club..
So your saying they worked harder then Beal City's kids did in the off season?

Last edited:
Back