Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spurs Crush Heat in game # 5

Yes they are. Great team every year since the late 90s

Really hard not to like this year's team.

And for that matter, its hard not to like Duncan.

So glad the Spurs put an end to the cHeat's dynasty.

LeBitch now will need to find another stacked team to join with Bosh and Wade looking like they are about washed up.

To be honest, they embarrassed the Heat.

Without a doubt.

In the 4 wins for the Spurs, the average margin of victory was 18 points.

Heat's 1 win they won by just 2 points.

Gentleman's sweep, reminded me of 2004 when the Pistons dominated the Lakers with -0- HoFers and superior player/ball movement and defense.

Though after watching the press conferences. LeBron gained some respect from me.

Though many of my friends who are Heat fans, just say LeBron needs more help. Which is just a cop out. His help was plenty last year..

Anyways in my eyes this series is this:

Team Basketball > Isolation

I've never really understood the Lebron hate. All championships are because of a great team. Duncan took less so they could keep great players around him. Lebron took less to have a great team around him. Same thing. Jordan had a great team around him. Both Duncan and Jordan had amazing coaches, something Lebrong has never had.

It was fun to watch the spurs dismantle the heat though, it was just pretty basketball to watch.

Jordan and Duncan didn't hold an hour long special to say they were leaving the team that drafted them. Only to come out on stage with smoke and lights like a concert and brag how great his new bought team is going to be. People like to see cocky people fail.

Jordan and Duncan didn't hold an hour long special to say they were leaving the team that drafted them. Only to come out on stage with smoke and lights like a concert and brag how great his new bought team is going to be. People like to see cocky people fail.

So we dislike a guy the raised 6million for charity by doing a TV show that was pitched to him?

Also Jordan was and is a cocky asshole, so I'm not sure that argument holds water.

As a Pistons fan I liked seeing Jordan fail also. Do you really don't see why people dislike Lebron? I am sure the next player that has a WWE entrance at their introduction press conference will be hated also.

As a Pistons fan I liked seeing Jordan fail also. Do you really don't see why people dislike Lebron? I am sure the next player that has a WWE entrance at their introduction press conference will be hated also.

Lebron's game is why I like him. He is an unselfish superstar which is almost unheard of in today's NBA. I didn't care for the way he was introduced when he went to the Heat but other than that I have no problem. The press conference was fine too.

LeBitch is a phony FRAUD of a person and player.

He needed to join -2- other franchise superstars just to win those 2 titles in a historically ATROCIOUS East conference, and really, he shouldn't have won even 1 title.

The 1st title was a shortened season and the other he needed to be bailed out by old man Ray Allen on a 3 point play in which he TRAVELLED and got away with it, Spurs were clearly a better team and should have won, LeBitch was on the sidelines crying before that epic bailout.

The guy is simply OVERRATED. If this guy is so great why does he need such a stacked roster just to win a CRAP East conference, i mean the Heat go to the finals by default because all of the teams you play in the playoffs are a JOKE.

He has NEVER been the best scorer, rebounder, passer, defender in the NBA at any point of his career, yet gets lauded as this awesome all around player, i just don't see it. And the CRAP this guy gets away with like Crab Dribbling, he uses his offarm to push off defenders about 90% of the time on his drives, he should average about 6 TO's a game if the game was called properly against this asshole.

With that sketchy resume and known more for his failures (LeQuit), he'll go down as the single most overrated player in NBA History.

Last edited:
Reasons I Like LeBron:

- Great player
- Amazing finisher
- Great Athlete
- Best player in NBA
- Can do almost everything on a basketball court

Reasons I dislike LeBron:

- His personality: What competitor flees the team that drafted him and joins other stars to try and grab a championship. Maybe if he was an aging player looking for his first ring. But, seriously what chicken shit. Man up, make your team better and do it yourself. Don't cop out and try and take the easy road.

-"The Decision" and how it was done.

- Isolation Offense. Seriously, he doesn't make the rest of his team better. Sure he gets assists but that just because he drives, attracts defenders and kicks to a teammate sitting at the 3pt line. That isn't improving those players at all. How about you run plays for those guys to get them more acclimated into the game.

- His clutch factor. He just doesn't have one. More often than not he shy's away from big moments late in the game. It's just him.

Reasons I hate Labitch...

He is not a Piston....He sure would have made our team better since 2008..

But I hear what you are both saying and agree..

For the record, I don't consider LeBron the best player in the NBA, Durant surpassed LeBron this year.

For all the nonsense talking heads say about how great of a 'all around' player he is, Durant averaged 5 more Points per game than LeBron, ONLY 0.9 Assists per game LESS than LeBron, and averaged more Rebounds per game than LeBron.

Durant is also a better shooter from the 3 point line and the free throw line.

that all around argument is flat out BOGUS.

LeBron's defense was subpar at best so that argument doesn't hold any water either, for fucks sake a guy playing the SAME POSITION as him just won Finals MVP against him.

Last edited:
To add to my opinion:

I think LeBron with the proper coach and team could still blossom into an even better player. Gotta get rid of that isolation crap though, its good in situations not nearly every possession.

Reasons I Like LeBron:

- Great player
- Amazing finisher
- Great Athlete
- Best player in NBA
- Can do almost everything on a basketball court

Reasons I dislike LeBron:

- His personality: What competitor flees the team that drafted him and joins other stars to try and grab a championship. Maybe if he was an aging player looking for his first ring. But, seriously what chicken shit. Man up, make your team better and do it yourself. Don't cop out and try and take the easy road.

-"The Decision" and how it was done.

- Isolation Offense. Seriously, he doesn't make the rest of his team better. Sure he gets assists but that just because he drives, attracts defenders and kicks to a teammate sitting at the 3pt line. That isn't improving those players at all. How about you run plays for those guys to get them more acclimated into the game.

- His clutch factor. He just doesn't have one. More often than not he shy's away from big moments late in the game. It's just him.

I agree with most of this except blaming him for leaving Cleveland. Jordan had the best coach in the game and a team that still won 50+ without him. That's like saying everyone should stay working at the first job they get.

the clutch factor isn't really true. He taken more late game big shots (when team is within one score and less than 20 seconds) in the playoffs than anyone in the league since he has been around. His make % is well above league average and almost the same as Jordan. Occasionally he kicks it out to an open guy with a clean shot, which is a good play since the other guys are NBA players as well.

Seriously if he was a Piston tomorrow we would be a 45+ win team right away...

Back