Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How about Hurling form Ireland

biggunsbob

One summer when I was in college I worked as an ice cream man in Ocean City, MD. For whatever reason Ocean City was a huge destination spot for Irish college kids to come and work for the summer. Needless to say my roommate and I befriended three Irish lasses and some of their names were not spelled the way they were pronounced and the one girl could speak Gaelic which sounds remotely like the gibberish on the videos. I'd never heard of hurling (aside from puking) until now, but I like it!

elrod said:
One summer when I was in college I worked as an ice cream man in Ocean City, MD. For whatever reason Ocean City was a huge destination spot for Irish college kids to come and work for the summer. Needless to say my roommate and I befriended three Irish lasses and some of their names were not spelled the way they were pronounced and the one girl could speak Gaelic which sounds remotely like the gibberish on the videos. I'd never heard of hurling (aside from puking) until now, but I like it!

Yeah I had never heard of it but in the mid 1990's i remembered that ESPN to fill slots were showing the championships. All i remember from that was it looked like lacrosse except it was way more rougher and you used the stick to launch long shots for some type of points... Pretty funny stuff.. I could not understand them back then either..

When I saw the title of this thread I thought 'hurling' as in puking. lol

Gaelic and Irish accents I have heard many from my friends parents and their older family members since I was a kid.
"fookin eeedgit" = Fucking Idiot.
pugga mahone = Kiss my ass.

Knew people from Cork, Mayo, Sligo and Connemara(sp) Counties.
and Galway.
Good people.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]When I saw the title of this thread I thought 'hurling' as in puking. lol

Gaelic and Irish accents I have heard many from my friends parents and their older family members since I was a kid.
"fookin eeedgit" = Fucking Idiot.
pugga mahone = Kiss my ass.

Knew people from Cork, Mayo, Sligo and Connemara(sp) Counties.
and Galway.
Good people.

I honestly thought the same thing. Well first I thought he was tlking about the sport, then i thought how much funnier it would be if he was talking about a vacation to Ireland that involved way too much Guiness.

Back