Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Boxing Tonight

mhughes0021

Slipstreamtv has the fights tonight. Alvarez on now. Mayweather up next!

2-0 floyd. nothing too exciting but floyds straight right lead working well.

3-0 floyd. straight right is ridiculous. Ortiz hasnt touched him.

lol fucking hillarious! ortiz with an intentional head butt. Floyd pretends to hug him before the restart and knocks him the fuck out lol.

effing awesome. i liked ortiz but that head butt attempt was delibrate and ridiculous. Then mayweather caught him making a rookie mistake. Fuck ortiz....he got ktfo.

that was insane! glad i caught that last round. best part was after the fight. "I wish i was 50 years younger and i'd kick your ass"

I dont know what the fuck the ref was doing lol. If time wasnt in im sure he woulda docked points to floyd and restarted. Since the fight is over i guess time was in and he just wasnt paying attention. Either way the ref fucked up lol. If theyre going to embrace before a restart the ref should be in the middle of it. He was off looking outside the ring....ridiculous. fair but firm was more like unfair and limp.

The Ref told them touch up lets go and then turned around to say something to whoever he was speaking to. LMAO it was funny as hell how Floyd caught him with the sucker punch but it was perfectly legal.

Floyd was smoking him, but that's an unsatisfying finish. Ortiz fucked up. He made a rookie mistake, you could tell Floyd was ready to fight not hug then after the 1st left Ortiz should have know it's on, but instead he looked to Cortez and paid dearly for it. Cortez said fight on, Floyd never looked at Cortez after that and was in a fighting position.

Floyd proved he is a classless thug after the fight.

and merchant proved hes a old dingbat with dimensia....terrible post fight interview. Dude was totally biased and floyd called him out on it.

This one I'll have to watch when they replay it. I don't pay for pay per views.

One of the boxing gyms I've been a member of used to show pay per view fights and charge everybody five bucks at the door, but the cable company nailed them for that, I guess, and won't let them get the pay per view fights anymore.

And yes to both - Ortiz is a dumb fuck - "protect yourselves at all times" - and Mayweather is an asshole.

But we've all know Mayweather was an asshole for quite some time.

Mayweather is from Grand Rapids Michigan and I wish someone would knock him out. I cannot stand him...

THat was a ridiculous fight.. Two things I learned from the fight 1. Mayweather is Dirty and 2. ORtiz is a moron..

tigers99888 said:
THat was a ridiculous fight.. Two things I learned from the fight 1. Mayweather is Dirty and 2. ORtiz is a moron..

the head butt was more dirty than knocking someone out when time was in. Mayweather had enough of ortiz trying to make out with him and decided to punch the guy who just jumped at him head first.

mhughes0021 said:
tigers99888 said:

the head butt was more dirty than knocking someone out when time was in. Mayweather had enough of ortiz trying to make out with him and decided to punch the guy who just jumped at him head first.
While I certainly agree with your point, you still can't argue the fact that his knockout was indeed questionable.. Couple that with his off the ring antics and he seems to be a very arrogant person.. If you actually look up his Bio he's had altercations with many people including his own father.. I'll say this, I think he would barely beat Pac-Man if they both fought.. I don't like either TBH, but I would probably root for Mayweather ever so slightly..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Mayweather is from Grand Rapids Michigan and I wish someone would knock him out. I cannot stand him...

Why root for the man to get knocked out? Grand Rapids is a lovely place.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":8o1elhk4]Mayweather is from Grand Rapids Michigan and I wish someone would knock him out. I cannot stand him...

Why root for the man to get knocked out? Grand Rapids is a lovely place.[/quote:8o1elhk4]

If mayweather acted better I would root for him... But he is a punk and needs to be taken care of... Great defensive fighter but that is it... No reason for him to act the way he does...

Back