Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

McGregor vs Diaz 2

Espn says the fight was razor close and fantastic so I know someone on here watched it so give me a breakdown and thoughts. Thanks .

Great fight. Very close. It looked like McGregor was going to gas after round 2 similar to the first fight but he had a second wind and whooped Diaz ass in round 4.

I had it 1,2,4 for Conor but honestly it was such a good fight that I didn't really care who was going to win.

Conor had a few knockdowns in rounds 1 and 2. Diaz had a late takedown in round 2 and controlled round 3 handily. Round 4 was clearly Conor and round 5 was clearly Diaz. Lots of back and forth action, Diaz face looked mangled afterwards, they think Conor broke his foot on one of the many leg kicks he threw.

Last edited:
After the right Connor said his shin was briused from hitting Diaz knee. I Guess x-rays Will tell. Conor had alot of praise for Diaz after the fight but k am not sure unless I missed it coming from Diaz. He claims he was hurt now in camp. How big did Diaz look. He says he was around 175-177 but McGregor said he was at least 190?

Last edited:
After the right Connor said his shin was briused from hitting Diaz knee. I Guess x-rays Will tell. Conor had alot of praise for Diaz after the fight but k am not sure unless I missed it coming from Diaz. He claims he was hurt now in camp. How big did Diaz look. He says he was around 175-177 but McGregor said he was at least 190?

Diaz actually extended a hand to Conor when the final bell tolled and helped Conor to his feet. These two know how to sell a fight. They'll say anything, do anything. People will always buy into it.

Diaz was pretty damn big but it's really hard to say. They do the weigh ins even earlier than they used to, so even more time to rehydrate and eat. I will say he was easily bigger than 175 on fight night (Diaz). Most fighters add 10 lbs at least after a weight cut and he weighed 171 pounds 24+ hours before the fight.

Back