Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ryder Cup

Making the roadtrip with my dad and my friend to Sunday's singles matches, I can't wait. It's been 8 years since we won it, I'm actually pretty confident we win going into this. It seems it's the team play events like fourball that have plagued us in prior losses.

Making the roadtrip with my dad and my friend to Sunday's singles matches, I can't wait. It's been 8 years since we won it, I'm actually pretty confident we win going into this. It seems it's the team play events like fourball that have plagued us in prior losses.

Nice! Have a good time

Hit 'em with the HINE!

I love golf. Watch it almost every week and root for just about everyone but I don't like the Ryder Cup. Normally crowds are just as glad if Rory wins as D. Johnson, for example. But this week the Europeans will most likely not get the same treatment.. I've even seen past Ryder Cups where certain players were booed.

That's not golf, IMO. They compete every week but now it seems like they're enemies this week. I hope the crowds cheer for good golf regardless who they are..

I love golf. Watch it almost every week and root for just about everyone but I don't like the Ryder Cup. Normally crowds are just as glad if Rory wins as D. Johnson, for example. But this week the Europeans will most likely not get the same treatment.. I've even seen past Ryder Cups where certain players were booed.

That's not golf, IMO. They compete every week but now it seems like they're enemies this week. I hope the crowds cheer for good golf regardless who they are..

I agree to an extent. I think the reason for rooting against one team or the other is because of the team aspect vs individual play. I'm not a fan of booing a player or team in golf but rooting for and getting excited for a team is great. I like it because it's different.

So I turned it on to watch the last hole of the last two matches.. Cheers for Sergei's team for missing a shot and Rory gets heckled on his chance at a tying putt. IMO, that's a disgrace..

So I turned it on to watch the last hole of the last two matches.. Cheers for Sergei's team for missing a shot and Rory gets heckled on his chance at a tying putt. IMO, that's a disgrace..

It's no different than what happens when a basketball player is shooting free throws or a kicker is kicking a FG. The reason there is a difference between this setup and regular golf is because it's a team game.

It's no different than what happens when a basketball player is shooting free throws or a kicker is kicking a FG. The reason there is a difference between this setup and regular golf is because it's a team game.

I'm not saying some of it is not justified I just don't like it. But heckling in golf should never happen right before a putt. And the NBA isn't setup like golf. NBA road teams are always the bad guys. Not so with Golf, the applause Rory gets every other week of the year are massive. I just don't like..

I'm not saying some of it is not justified I just don't like it. But heckling in golf should never happen right before a putt. And the NBA isn't setup like golf. NBA road teams are always the bad guys. Not so with Golf, the applause Rory gets every other week of the year are massive. I just don't like..

I think that is the point. In the Ryder cup Rory is on the away team. Just like when the US goes to Europe and they get the same "away team" treatment.

I do understand your POV though. I like the respectful nature of traditional golf tournaments.

I think that is the point. In the Ryder cup Rory is on the away team. Just like when the US goes to Europe and they get the same "away team" treatment.

I do understand your POV though. I like the respectful nature of traditional golf tournaments.

Fair enough. It just bothered me when Rory was about to putt and a fan said "let an American putt." Not sure why that had to be said. I was a bit surprised Phil and Rickie won though.. Phil driving problems, and Rickie hasn't played well in months..

Back