Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best Golf Courses

staegrac

What is the best golf courses anyone has played and why, scenic, price, availiblity, or other?

staegrac said:
What is the best golf courses anyone has played and why, scenic, price, availiblity, or other?

Aracdia Bluffs is the best I played, shot an 83 there, very very difficult with some very very rewarding scenic views. The price was pretty steap tho

Nice course on Novi, I forgot the name. Even got a par once.

I live in Pittsburgh, so this won't help you....

Oakmont CC. Really expensive (I got on for free since used to caddie there), it is the most difficult course I've ever played, and there aren't any hazards really. I miss getting to play it.

jared said:
I live in Pittsburgh, so this won't help you....

Oakmont CC. Really expensive (I got on for free since used to caddie there), it is the most difficult course I've ever played, and there aren't any hazards really. I miss getting to play it.

WOW...that would be cool...my dream round obvioulsy would be augusta, but my next trip to MI I wanna play MSU's courses Forest Acres. Anyone play either of them?

I got to play in some real nice courses while stationed in Hawaii. Played the Palmer course at the Turtle Bay Hilton a few times. It was fairly inexpensive for local's and military members (around $80).

played Angus Glen in Toronto and Devils Pulpit just outside of Toronto...both great courses.

the two best PUBLIC courses Ive played in Michigan are Arcadia Bluffs(Arcadia) and Forest Dunes(Grayling) but expensive but you can play twilight rates...worth the money

ARCADIA; Overlooking Lake Michigan. Course sits 100's of feet above the lake. No trees on the course, so you can see the lake from almost every hole. Great condition, great layout and fast hard greens.

FOREST DUNES: Built without a concern of money. brickpaver cart paths, wooded, obviously numerous traps/waste areas. Great clubhouse. immaculate condition.

tsmith7559 said:
the two best PUBLIC courses Ive played in Michigan are Arcadia Bluffs(Arcadia) and Forest Dunes(Grayling) but expensive but you can play twilight rates...worth the money

ARCADIA; Overlooking Lake Michigan. Course sits 100's of feet above the lake. No trees on the course, so you can see the lake from almost every hole. Great condition, great layout and fast hard greens.

FOREST DUNES: Built without a concern of money. brickpaver cart paths, wooded, obviously numerous traps/waste areas. Great clubhouse. immaculate condition.

besides the views at arcadia, the gigantic size of the greens really stand out...the size reminds me of a links course, 100ft putts are not uncommon

Rattle Run in East China, MI is probably the best course I've golfed. Pine Mountain Lake in Groveland, CA was up there too.

I just played Caberfae Peaks in Cadillac last weekend and although it was only 9-holes, it was pretty nice. It was a tough course with tight fairways and long holes. There are a couple others in West Michigan that I've played and liked too. Pine View in Three Rivers, MI was one I played a few times and liked. Stonegate in Twin Lake and Brigadoon in Grant were pretty good courses too.

Back