Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Who Wins the Heisman Award?

I think it was always Luck's to lose. And only if he did something stupid so I think he'll win.

Why doesn't monte ball get any love. Dude has over 30tds in a big time conference.

Robert Griffen came into a school with not a very good football program and truned them into a top 25 team, hes got a rocket arm can run etc. he should win it

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Why doesn't monte ball get any love. Dude has over 30tds in a big time conference.

Probably cause they had a list of dude's at the beginning and Ball wasn't one of them. He probably should win but next year, if he stays, will probably be a front runner.

Maize&Cheese304 said:

I asked the same thing this weekend. I'm not sure who will win. I would think Luck but somehow I think Richardson might get the Bama love and win it. Although he's done till the National Championship right? So maybe not.

Hey Mitch, should this get moved to the NCAA board? I know it's OT but it doesn't really have to be.

Been a while since a Stanford QB has won, so it's his "turn."

Richardson seems to have all the momentum atm, but I think Luck is probably the favorite.. Should be a very close race..

If I was on the panel I have to think I'd vote for Ball if he made the top 5.

Balls numbers are ridiculous compared to Richardsons. more yards and 15 more TDs...15! Id have to vote for him if i had a vote.

Ball stats are better in every way. Yards, avg, tds. Idc about sec/big 10. Its 15tds. Its not like ball is in the conference usa or big east or something. Its a top conference.

And mr. perfect has 9ints for stanford. Rg3 plays in a conference that plays no defense.

If ball doesn't win then the heisman will be a joke just like the bowl system.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Ball stats are better in every way. Yards, avg, tds. Idc about sec/big 10. Its 15tds. Its not like ball is in the conference usa or big east or something. Its a top conference.

And mr. perfect has 9ints for stanford. Rg3 plays in a conference that plays no defense.

If ball doesn't win then the heisman will be a joke just like the bowl system.

I'd agree with you generally, but I think the fact that Ball played with a 13th year QB and very very high profile OL and against a colossally shitty OOC schedule that it actually works against his chances. If Ball had done this with Budmayr as QB, the non-grad student recruit who was supposed to be next in line, I think this would be Ball's award

So its ok for richardson to have a top 5 defense that gets him the ball back. And a run first offense. Lol

Back