Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Celtics prepared to trade Rondo

tigers99888 said:
I agree that Paul is better to build around for the future, but why not just go after Howard or another big man with huge potential?

You can "Go after" a lot of guys..doesn't mean they'll even consider you though. Just because a team wins a title, it doesn't make them THAT much more attractive. Boston was lucky that Allen was willing to reduce his role as an NBA player and KG said yes. Everything else for the most part was through the draft. They did VERY well to be who they are now...we'll see if players want to play there though. I wouldn't...expectations are unrealistic now because of the success of their core players, wouldn't want to live in Boston, and just overall it isn't appealing to me.

I could be wrong though.

I'd say just build through the draft.. Go after a big man for the next couple of years, and then go after a guy like Blake Griffin after his rookie contract is up... They will be terrible regardless and it's unavoidable, so best build for the future..

Clippers will be good when the team is sold. The owner right now is a joke and should be forced out of the NBA. He's terrible, and not just from a business aspect. He's the guy who has been known to make statements about his players/coaches personal llives, sit courtside and heckle his own players, and even start arguements with fans during games.

Beez said:
Clippers will be good when the team is sold. The owner right now is a joke and should be forced out of the NBA. He's terrible, and not just from a business aspect. He's the guy who has been known to make statements about his players/coaches personal llives, sit courtside and heckle his own players, and even start arguements with fans during games.
Donald Sterling is a classic joke owner that does the bare ass minimum but makes massive profits due to tax relief... I'm not sure if he'll sell the team any time soon, but he should.. He will probably shop Griffin for cheap joke players or expiring contracts..

Back