Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lakers trading for Howard and Paul??

Beez said:
[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]

I think what were trying to get it at is the aspect of players not wanting to do it on their own. And back in the 90's it wasnt at all like it is now. Many small market teams were making the finals. Such as Portland, Phoenix, Seattle, Utah. But now those teams will never have a realistic shot. I get what you say by new stars will come into the league. But why shouldn't we expect them to do the same thing as Lebron?

Because realistically (For now) it seems 3 guys at MAX for one superstar team...someitmes 2. So with enough stars in the coming years it would seem that the number of superstar teams will increase instead of just a select few. The age of the superstars in the NBA seems to be relatively young.

I understand your guys' beef completely...I just don't think it's enough (for me) to say ahh fuck the NBA this is garbage. I don't think it makes it that bad. Look last year, the Mavs with one star and a bunch of solid role players beat the MIGHTY Heat. This could set up some great drama between teams in the playoffs.
I think the problem with this logic is that there is a lack of superstar talent these days.. More and more players are going into the draft as "projects" due to so many top prospects being 1 and done.. I think a lot of these guys are overrated and only an elite level talent can produce at an early age on the NBA level.. There needs to be an out of HS or a 3 year rule IMO.. Would help both the NCAA and NBA and would develop more talent.. Just think, had Jordan came out out of HS he probably would have had 3 to 4 years of developing on the bench rather than coming out guns ablazing..

I agree with the rule but disagrede in the lack of superstars.

* indicates guys who may have seen the last of their superstar days but were at least in the last couple years.

Durant
Nowitzki
Rose
Howard
Kobe
James
Wade
Bosh
KG (*)
Pierce
Zach Randolph (Say what you want but he's practically a 20-10 guy)
Duncan (*)
Paul
Nash
Melo
Stoudemire
Joe Johnson
Griffin (on his way)
Brandon Roy (*)
Pau
D-Will

Then you have secondary stars like
Grainger
G.Wallace
Boozer
Rondo
Parker
Ginobli (*)
Iguadola
Aldridge
Martin
Odom
Scola

etc

Stars are not limited in the league..if you can get one superstar and a supporting cast of the secondary n role players you can win titles...ask Dallas.

When superstars come in, don't superstars leave? I mean they can't play forever. Pistons and some other teams won't be relevant for years.

The trade releases 21 mill in cap space to la..that's why the owners blocked it They don't want LA to have that cap space to sign/trade for whoever else they wanted.

Whiny bitch owners COUGH DAN GILBERT COUGH!

Back