Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Source: Clippers close in on deal with Paul

Honestly sounds like the Clippers are giving up too much, but that's apparently what it will take to get the league to approve a deal. I think Gordon OR the Minny pick would have been enough to be the centerpiece of the deal. But alas.

This still works out for both sides. Paul and Blake will sell tickets (all Sterling cares about), and NOLA just picked up a haul of young players. Gordon becomes the new face of the Hornets, and the Minny pick could easily land another star-level teammate. They could still be competitive as well if they keep up the defense they showed with Okafor in the lineup.

lmao at the league STILL wanting the Clips to add Bledsoe to an already very good package.

Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, and Minnys 2012 1st(Will be in top 5 most likely) is more than enough

The league needs to sell the Hornets or get out of the way. The amount of obvious tampering these other owners are committing here is ridiculous.

Finally thats a fair trade for both teams. People just don't understand how much Paul is worth to a franchise.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Finally thats a fair trade for both teams. People just don't understand how much Paul is worth to a franchise.

For ticket sales maybe...that team with Scola, martin, Odom n Dragic> the team with Paul n none of them.

Martin is a one-sided player, while Scola is a great player (like him a lot). He reminds me of Kaman like 3-4 years ago. Odom is expensive and getting up there in age. Dragic to me is still a ? mark.

The Clippers deal that the Hornets want should become the ideal for any superstar trade. Teams shouldnt be able to give up less for more. They should have to give up possibly more to get that star. When I say "possibly more", meaning if there are picks involved that may land a good player based on the pick and if the team picks the right player or players that can improve a their game like Gordon or Bledsoe.

This is the only way the NBA turns the ship around, it will make the NBA more spread out talent wise.

seems like the clippers are out. NOLA's price is too high.

They got Paul. I expect them to make another move however. They will probably move Bledsoe and if there lucky Mo Williams plus a 1st Round Pick for a starting SG/SF.

Billups is very disgruntled as is.. Could call it quits any second... I doubt they are banking on him to be a big asset..

I heard Bledsoe is out for a couple months with a knee.
People are saying the Hornets got a great deal and the Clippers gave up a ton but I don't see it that way. Gordon is a VERY nice player but obviously no CP. He has his injury concerns as well. Kaman is nothing but a walking (well sometimes not able to walk) injury, and AFA is a nice compliment player.

I think this whole thing really just centers around who New Orleans gets with that Timberwolves pick. Eric Gordon was obviously a winning piece in any trade but if that Twolves pick doesn't result in a star it was a bad trade imo.

I still think the original deal was better for them. It would have brought it more sstars (kind of semi stars), the team would have scored a lot of points, and fans would come to the games. (probably) It would have been easier for them to get 2nd level FA's in the years coming to play with pieces already there as well. I'm not sure what the cap would look like though with their current roster +Scola,Odom,Dragic n Martin though.

Obviously this ALL changes if they get the next Dwight Howard or someone with that Twolves pick. The NBA as we know it is a "potential" based league. Guys like Tyler Hansborough are passed up for high school kids with long arms and leaping ability, and a lot of the time it's the right decision.

Back