Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jeff Green Celtics done for year

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Needs heart surgery out for 2012 season. Failed the physical and contract is voided. Said to have good prognosis for 2013 season.
per espn
Celtics depth behind Pierce has to take a hit.
Green seemed to be an athletic player up and down the floor.
What do they do now already nedding help at center, and the cap.

I know this is somewhat morbid, but the Celtics just caught a huge break. Green was objectively a poor player, and the health problem saves the Celtics 9 million in salary. It's terrible for Green, and I wish him the best, heart problems are no joke.

The trade at this point is a tremendous flop. Perk lost 30 lbs in the offseason and looks as athletic and healthy as he has ever been.

I don't think it helps the Celts much. They paid 9 million that they weren't really going to pay elsewhere at this point, in exchange to see if Green was worth it moving forward. Who knows if the young guy would have turned some heads this year the way he started to in OKC for a minute. 1 year contracts aren't really a burden for any team unless theres a guys out there to get RIGHT now which it doesn't seem like there is for Boston.

Green never really turned heads in OKC, except for the way fans shook their heads in frustration. The bigger deal for Boston is the luxury tax. With Green at 9 million, they were pushing inside the 72 million tax level. Without him, they save almost 13 million.

Sure, it doesn't matter as much to Boston, who can afford it, but now they get the non-tax exceptions as well. It was never going to torpedo their cap space to keep Green, but saving 9 million and not having to play a bad player don't hurt.

Back