Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Demarcus Cousins demands trade

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Apparently, Cousins has asked the kings for a trade (he is a fucking whining baby) and will not play tonight.

I was just about to post about this lol. Wow, Man if I were the Pistons I would consider it, as much of a bad influence as he is he would fit perfect next to Monroe.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]I was just about to post about this lol. Wow, Man if I were the Pistons I would consider it, as much of a bad influence as he is he would fit perfect next to Monroe.

honestly, if he gets traded it'll be for a 3 or a 3/4. I don't see the pistons having enough for that.

The other option is draft picks, but I don't think the stones want to give up their almost guaranteed top 5 pick.

the thing about cousins, he gets a lot of rebounds because of his length and talent, but he doesn't alway play 100% for a rebound. And he takes so many damn jump shots, it pisses me off.

Ya he is a project thats for sure, but he could be great if he works at it. Im trying to think of a deal the Kings would take. Maybe JJ, Daye, and a 2nd?

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]Ya he is a project thats for sure, but he could be great if he works at it. Im trying to think of a deal the Kings would take. Maybe JJ, Daye, and a 2nd?

JJ would be a nice secondary piece, but Daye wouldn't add a thing to our team.

I'd do JJ and the 2012 1st in an instant. Would probably have to have a top 2 or 3 clause in it though for you.

that'd probably kill our rebounding though.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="BestIsBest":t17ezhsg]Ya he is a project thats for sure, but he could be great if he works at it. Im trying to think of a deal the Kings would take. Maybe JJ, Daye, and a 2nd?

JJ would be a nice secondary piece, but Daye wouldn't add a thing to our team.

I'd do JJ and the 2012 1st in an instant. Would probably have to have a top 2 or 3 clause in it though for you.[/quote:t17ezhsg]

Ya I would have to stay away from dealing that 1st next year. It has a good shot at being Drummond or Davis, who would both fir perfectly on the Pistons. Id give up anything besides Knight, Monroe, or that 1st.

I would trade a protected 1st rounder and anyone aside from Knight and Monroe for him.. Not sure if that's enough though.. I'm not totally sold on him.. He could possibly never reach his potential due to his attitude..

it appears that the maloofs and petrie say they have no plans on trading Cousins. The announcement was made by westphal, but it was just an announcement saying Cousins wasn't playing because he requested a trade and coach didn't want him playing if he didn't want to be there. Also, the rumors are that cousins and westphal had a blowup on christmas eve practice and stormed out saying, "If you think I'm such a cancer, why don't you just trade me!?"

There was a second blowup a couple days ago, I guess and i haven't heard what the exchange was, but westphal claims there was a trade demand. Cousins' agent said there was no demand.

Also saw that a pistons' insider said Cousins' problems wouldn't affect their decision to trade for him and they've been watching him since last year. Houston is also a potential trade partner if anything changes in the Kings plans.

tigers99888 said:
I would trade a protected 1st rounder and anyone aside from Knight and Monroe for him.. Not sure if that's enough though.. I'm not totally sold on him.. He could possibly never reach his potential due to his attitude..

he really reminds me of an immature Chris Webber. Hopefully he gets his act together.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
tigers99888 said:

he really reminds me of an immature Chris Webber. Hopefully he gets his act together.
Good comparison and it really says how immature Cousins is when you say that. Webber took a while to get his shit together, and arguably never totally did, but Cousins is on another level. He's a complete headcase and a mental midget.

That said, I'd for sure trade anything we've got other than Knight or Monroe (which ain't much) for him.

I really hate the state of professional sports today.

Cousins has only had flashes of his great talent and there is no way another team would buy high on him now anyway. The Kings had to retract trade intentions to even consider seeing a decent market. Like others said, I wouldn't mind trading anything outside Knight-Monroe-1st round picks, but that's really not much at all. And that says as much about Cousins as it does out team. He was abjectly terrible last year overall. Horrendous decision making (especially all the jumpers that he can't make), poor/indifferent defense, and the frequent off-court blowups. Simply put, he's worth less now than before he played his first game.

Maybe an organization like ours with it's blue collar fans and defense-first coach could help him a lot. Maybe not. It's worth the risk give how bad we are right now, but not so worth it that we could trade our high picks ourselves.

I could see a guy like Ben Wallace being a good mentor for him. Teach him to play defense, mentor him like an older brother and keep him in check, and to just shut his mouth and play the game. And if all else fails, at least he could show him how to drive drunk and pack heat too. LOL!

Back