Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Championship Sunday

kgdetroit

Let's get it today Elrod, good luck today bud.

1H
UK/Vandy Under 64
Xavier/St Bonnies Over 63.5

Full Game:
FSU +6
They match up well with the Heels, long and athletic and will try to slow the pace. If they can't succeed they are one of the few teams in the country that can match up with UNC athletically up and down the floor, as evidenced by their 33 point drubbing of the Heels earlier this season. Revenge factor for UNC should be mitigated somewhat by the 24 hour turnaround between games that gives R. Williams limited time to gameplan. Henson being questionable and FSU playing great ball right now is enough for me to take the points.

UK -8
Commodores are playing good basketball right now but UK is on another planet. They are hands down the most talented team in the nation but their youth sometimes makes them a bit erratic in regards to covering spreads i.e. LSU and Florida in the SEC tourney. That being said, Calipari is furious at how his team has performed over the last 2 games and I expect with the SEC title on the line the Cats will come out and show the country why they are the number 1 overall seed.

X Men -3.5
Xavier is playing their best ball of the season coming at the right time. Their guard play is much better than St. Bonaventure and I expect that to show up here and be the difference in the game.

MSU +2
Underdog is something like 5-0 SU in the last 5 meetings between the two. Nix and Payne are playing out of their minds for the Spartans and should be a handful for Sullinger down low. Hopefully the loss of Dawson and his defensive abilities doesn't finally bite State in the ass against a team with guards who can penetrate. I've bet against Izzo and the Spartans the first two games they played in this tournament and with their track record of March magic I can't do it again.

Looks like we only disagree on the Wildcats, but you might be right there...I just might switch. They really looked like shit against the Gators...if they're angry, Vandy's fucked.

Good luck to us today!

Figured I should post a short write up with my picks today so anyone who reads and has seen my last 2 days doesn't think I'm just throwing darts at the wall and they actually are based on some semblence of reasoning, however misguided it may be lol.

2nd Half Plays:

FSU +6 Heels just don't have it today it seems, FSU is hot and has their #.

UK -5.5 Still think the Cats get it done, twice in that half the floodgates almost opened but Vandy did a good job stifling the momentum. I don't think they can keep up with UK for the full game.

St. Bonnies/Xavier Over 72.5
First half would have sailed over if Xavier didn't start 4-18 from the field. Their guards were starting to hit shots at the end of the half, I expect more scoring in the 2nd and I believe Xavier still covers.

Jesus I'm done for the day, got State +2 and that's it for me. Getting hammered yet again...

kg...shit happens man. I'm kicking myself for switching up my Vandy pick, but oh well. I ended up doubling up on Sparty and took over 132. Of course those clowns can't hit free throws down the stretch and I push on my over bet.

March Madness officially starts tomorrow. Clean slate and good luck with all of your wagers!

Hey its all good, happens to the best of us!

Tough luck with the Spartans over, I lost a couple close ones like that this past weekend. The conference tourneys are pretty damn tough to handicap.

Here's to the Big Dance being a little more degenerate friendly lol.

Seeing any early lines that catch your eye?

I'm really liking WVA at a pick em against Gonzaga.

Also like Montana at +9 against Wisconsin. Seeing a VERY slow paced game and Montana plays damn good D. 9 points in a game where the total could be around 100 looks good to me.

Back