Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

March Tourney Madness

kgdetroit

Locked in a couple early ones for the Big Dance:

Murray St -4
Montana +9
N.M. State +6

Got one so far that I like for today's NIT action:

Umass +6.5

I tend to think hitting up the smaller tourneys presents more opportunities for bettors as the lines are softer and everyone is focused on the big tournament. Problem is the Big Dance is the fun one lol.

Leaning towards Western Ky. -4.5 and Iona +2 for tonight's play-in games or first round games or whatever the hell it is they're calling them this year. Haven't looked too much into them yet though so that may change.

Bovada doesn't have their lines up yet for the first round games...or second round games I guess is what they really are. What I'm trying to say is I don't have spreads for Thursday or Friday yet.

Assuming, the lines are similar...which they should be. I like Murray State and Montana...not so sure about New Mexico State. I can New Mexico State winning outright in a close one, but I can also see Indiana winning big. I'll have to think about it...

Tonight I like both favorites and once again Bovada has nothing up for NIT yet...

The more I look into it the more I like BYU as well for tonight. Both teams can score, but Iona plays no defense and BYU is actually not too bad in that facet of the game. They're also a tough matchup for Iona in that they're comfortable playing at Iona's pace but are unusual in that they are very reliant on two solid big men while most run and gun teams do it with guard play. I think they can slow down Iona just a bit but I don't think Iona can do the same to them.

kgdetroit said:
The more I look into it the more I like BYU as well for tonight. Both teams can score, but Iona plays no defense and BYU is actually not too bad in that facet of the game. They're also a tough matchup for Iona in that they're comfortable playing at Iona's pace but are unusual in that they are very reliant on two solid big men while most run and gun teams do it with guard play. I think they can slow down Iona just a bit but I don't think Iona can do the same to them.

Translation: Hammer BYU

cheeno said:
kgdetroit said:

Translation: Hammer BYU

I'm surprised after my picks from the weekend you're not saying hammer Iona... lol.

I'm definitely rolling with Western Kentucky -3, BYU -2

Toying with BYU/Iona under 162, Princeton +4.

Yeah kg...that's a huge blow to 'Cuse.

Good luck to you and cheeno...especially on the BYU pick and to anyone else who might read, but not post...

Locked in tonight:

WKU -3.5
BYU Fighting Mormons -2

NIT:
UMass +6.5

Elrod, was looking at an O/U play myself but was leaning towards U77 first half. I'm thinking both teams come out a bit rusty after being off for a few days and try to feel each other out a bit. I think this total opened at 73 so I'm gonna marinate on it and check the line closer to tip.

Good luck tonight gentlemen!

Total dropped already so I'm hitting it before it moves again. Vegas has been so spot on with the totals lately that I'm afraid I'll get screwed by a half point.

Iona/BYU Under 76.5 First Half.

Also adding Northwestern -6 as my last play of the night.

Locked in BYU -2, BYU/Iona under 161, Western Kentucky -4, and Princeton +4. Perhaps more to follow and depending on Western Kentucky I might put a little extra sauce on BYU...

elrod said:
Locked in BYU -2, BYU/Iona under 161, Western Kentucky -4, and Princeton +4. Perhaps more to follow and depending on Western Kentucky I might put a little extra sauce on BYU...

Let's smash the books tonight, good luck!

Pulling for lots o' bricks in that BYU/Iona matchup.

I just feel like everyone's expecting this high scoring game and it's just not going to happen. BYU slows 'em down a bit and we have a game in the 70's.

Good luck my good man.

UMass +6.5 2H

Was gonna be done, but Miss. St. Has flat out thrown in the towel and I had to grab UMass at plus points for the 2nd half. Bulldogs had players tweeting at 4AM last night and UMass is gonna run them up and down the floor til they drop. They couldn't keep up in the first, they sure as hell won't be able to in the 2nd.

Wow...hell of a comeback Hilltoppers...too bad you can't hit your f'in' free throws...

Dons -5.5
Oregon/LSU over 136

Yeah no shit... thought we almost pulled out the miracle cover but no dice. BYU is getting their asses handed to them at the moment too.

kgdetroit said:
Yeah no shit... thought we almost pulled out the miracle cover but no dice. BYU is getting their asses handed to them at the moment too.

Oh gawd!!!

AND the under hit too, not a bad night for this guy.

In the words of Hannibal Smith: "I love it when a plan comes together."

Back