Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

March Tourney Madness

Wow! I kinda feel like a douche for even mentioning it since I didn't post it at the time but I took the 2nd half under too, so that turned out pretty damn well. Nice hit on that one guys, what a comeback!

3/14

Today I've got:

Delaware Blue Hens +10
USF Bulls +3

Let's have a day fellas.

Well....I actually love both of your picks. Either a good sign since I've been doing okay, a bad sign since it's been a bit rougher for you, or a sign that we're destined to break even.

I'm also considering Vermont +2, Drexel -7.5, Bulls/Bears under 115, and maybe Oakland -4

elrod said:
Well....I actually love both of your picks. Either a good sign since I've been doing okay, a bad sign since it's been a bit rougher for you, or a sign that we're destined to break even.

I'm also considering Vermont +2, Drexel -7.5, Bulls/Bears under 115, and maybe Oakland -4

I'd be careful of Vermont (although I know nothing about Lamar).

I've actually changed my mind cheeno...the spread's been dropping and it looks like the public is backing the Catamounts. Fade UVM, Go Lamar!

But while we're on the topic, what's your concern with Vermont?

elrod said:
I've actually changed my mind cheeno...the spread's been dropping and it looks like the public is backing the Catamounts. Fade UVM, Go Lamar!

But while we're on the topic, what's your concern with Vermont?

Don't like to bet on teams that rely on the 3 ball as much as they do. If it goes in you're golden if not you're toast. They do have great D though. It should be a low scoring affair.

elrod said:

Well, I had my first non-losing day in a few days yesterday so I feeling pretty good about tonight!

I'm liking Lamar -1.5 too, also Wofford +12.5

I dunno which 2 I'll play, if any at all yet. Any thoughts guys? Elrod you have any type of read on Pitt's hoops team? To me the play is more of a fade of Pitt than anything else but since you're an alum maybe you have some better insight.

Hahahaha....a read on Pitt is like trying to get a politician to tell the truth. I personally think 12.5 is too much to give and I question how motivated the guys are. I really thought they'd make a run deep into the Big East and even more so with their shellacking of the Johnnies in round one. First half of the Georgetown game looked like my hunch was right, and then Pitt happened. Everything I read is how they want this tournament for Nas and Ashton...I'd be shocked if Pitt lost, but I'm not expecting a blowout. One thing in Pitt's favor though...I heard they sold a decent amount of tickets...I don't know how intimidated Wofford might be at the Pete.

All the wagers I mentioned earlier are locked in including my change of heart to Lamar. Gotta go with Coach Knight's son I guess. :)

Line movement on the Lamar game is bugging the shit out of me... 71% on Lamar at -3.5 and its now down to -1.5. Hmmm...

OK final card:

Delaware +10
USF +3
Lamar/Vermont Under 59.5 First Half
Vermont +1.5
Wofford +12.5
Bucknell +8.5

Thanks for the input on Pitt, I had about the same opinion. I'm feeling like they aren't gonna be totally engaged in this game and the Terriers are a tough fundamentally sound team. They should be able to keep it within a dozen.

I had to go against the grain on Lamar/Vermont; the line movement is either lots of big money on Vermont or the books laying a mind fuck trap that I just walked right into. Won't be the first or last time that happens... Either way, small wager on that one just to see what happens and make it interesting.

Good luck guys!

Well...you know the last time I made a last minute switch I went from winner (Vandy) to loser (Kentucky). You just might be in luck.

Regardless...good luck, fuck the books.

elrod said:
I've got to stop changing my mind at the last second...

My bad elrod, I'll stick to the receiving end of advice. Never saw Vermont get inside like that.

Hahaha...naw man...I made the decision to switch, not you. Don't hesitate to add input; it's always welcome.

elrod said:
Hahaha...naw man...I made the decision to switch, not you. Don't hesitate to add input; it's always welcome.

I'll be seeing those bad fouls in my nightmares. 3 seconds on the clock...C'mon man!

cheeno said:
I'll be seeing those bad fouls in my nightmares. 3 seconds on the clock...C'mon man!

No doubt. Mike James has to feel like shit going out like that. Keep your head in the game, not in your ass. If there's one time in your life to stand around like a fucking leafy elm tree that's it....

kgdetroit said:
OK final card:

Delaware +10
USF +3
Lamar/Vermont Under 59.5 First Half
Vermont +1.5
Wofford +12.5
Bucknell +8.5

Thanks for the input on Pitt, I had about the same opinion. I'm feeling like they aren't gonna be totally engaged in this game and the Terriers are a tough fundamentally sound team. They should be able to keep it within a dozen.

I had to go against the grain on Lamar/Vermont; the line movement is either lots of big money on Vermont or the books laying a mind fuck trap that I just walked right into. Won't be the first or last time that happens... Either way, small wager on that one just to see what happens and make it interesting.

Good luck guys!

Hope my input on Pitt wasn't the nail in the coffin...I'm happy they won, but since I didn't take 'em I was hoping that Wofford would cover you...

At least you faded Lamar...

Back