Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sheffield Wednesday in control

biggunsbob

Sheffield Wednesday won today and Sheffield United lost today so SW took over 2nd place in the league 1 table with 90 points. SU now is a point behind at 89 with one game to go.. SW play's a poor Wycombe team to finish up the season at home next week.. United plays equally as bad Exeter City on the road... Top 2 teams automatically gets promoted to the Championship league which is one league below the premier league..The third through sixth spot has a playoff to determine the next team that goes up... Although both SW and SU are 9 points of 4th place you never know...

The Big news here is Sheffield United is missing one of their best players Chris Evans who was convicted of rape and sentence to 5 years last week... He is appealing the decision..

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-evans-to-appeal-over-rape-conviction?cc=5901

Last edited:
Not sure I mentioned this but I lived about a block away from SU stadium for about a year in 2002.

Not sure I mentioned this but I lived about a block away from SU stadium for about a year in 2002.

You did but i thought you rooted for SW.. My bad.. Wednesday has been a favorite of mine and i hope both make it up to the next league..Third place team has to play in that playoff with 3 other teams for the one spot.

You did but i thought you rooted for SW.. My bad.. Wednesday has been a favorite of mine and i hope both make it up to the next league..Third place team has to play in that playoff with 3 other teams for the one spot.

Wow good memory Bob, I was the only Owls fan in a sea of Blades. Manchester Derby tomorrow.

Who do you think will win... I hope Manchester city wins to tighten up the race..

I think MU wins but hope City does to. Would love to see it go down to the wire.

Back