Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FA Cup Chelsea 2 Liverpool 1 Final

biggunsbob

May 5th 2012 at 12:15 EDT, Wembley Stadium, London, England

I believe it will be on ESPN or the fox sport soccer channel. here is the overview what the FA cup is all about...It is where all the English football clubs from the smallest to the biggest can compete for this cup... it is played during the premier season, and anyway read below for the format.. Liverpool 13 wins-10 draws,and 13 losses verses Chelsea 17-10-9
(In Premier league) will be playing for this years cup... Liverpool beat the Blues at Stamford bridge 2-1 on November 20th 2011 and that was with the old coach for Chelsea... Now funny thing after Saturday's FA cup the two sides have a regular season game 3 days later.. I make Chelsea a slight favorite but what do i know..

Fa cup rules and history..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup

Chelsea up 1-0 at the break.

Last edited:
Drogba scored at the 52 to make it 2-0 and it was his 4th goal in four different FA cup finals... Only player to do that... But at the 60 minute mark Liverpool which appeared dead in the water put in Andrew Carroll and from that moment Chelsea was holding on for dear life as he scored in the 64 minute mark.He almost had another goal off a fantastic pass at the 82 minute that was saved by Petr Cech and went straight up off the cross bar and down but never crossed the line.. Fantastic save.. The blues regained their form somewhat the last 4 minutes and closed the game out... Chelsea had the better goalie by far .. This is Chelsea 7 FA cup and 4th in the last 6 years..

Last edited:
Di Matteo wins as a player and a coach now....Third coach in a row from Italy to win the Cup.

Back