Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

College Football Week 1

elrod817

Finally!!!

If Bet - South Carolina @ Vanderbilt over 45, Eastern Michigan +3 @ Ball State

If Bet - Massachusetts @ Connecticut over 47, Connecticut -21.5 versus Massachusetts

BYU -13 versus Washington State

UNLV +10 versus Minnesota

images

I love it when a plan comes together...even put a last minute iffer on UNLV +10 and Denver +3. Victory bourbon time!

SC and Vandy was kind of suss. Bad non call. Picks for tonight? I'm on Sparty's band wagon.

SC and Vandy was kind of suss. Bad non call. Picks for tonight? I'm on Sparty's band wagon.

Yeah...the non-call was terribly obvious. Don't know if it would've helped my cause or not. OT would've been a possibility, but we'll never know....

I like Boise tonight. Not super confident in them and there are a lot of question marks on both squads, but I like history here and Boise always seems to step up against BCS opponents. Not sure if they'll pull out the W, but I think 7 is a lot to give them. Southwick's got some experience and has some "veteran" receivers to throw to. However, the run 'd' could get sliced up pretty bad. Corners are experienced so MSU passing attack doesn't scare me especially with no Cunningham and Cousins, but if I'm not mistaken there's not a single starter on Boise's defensive line returning. Bell could run wild. Still like the Broncos to keep it close though.

I'm also leaning toward NC State even though I detest Tom O'Brien. I'm looking for Stanford to roll and might take something in the Temple game once my book has a line for it. Love Steve Addazio and I think Temple wants to prove they belong in the Big East after getting booted. Although I don't think a MAC to Big East move is that big of a jump...I think they do.

I'll be heading to Pittsburgh tonight for their home opener tomorrow so my appearances here will be spotty at best, but will do my best to post picks.

Last edited:
Definitely some things to think about, I was set to take MSU minus the points and still might. Also a big Temple fan here, I think they hold their own. Have a good trip to Pitt, if you can, post your picks.

Thanks cheeno...Pitt doesn't play until 6 (you know when you play a powerhouse like Youngstown got to make sure it's an evening matchup so local access television can air it) so I should at least be able to put up my nooners and possibly a 9am pick too since Navy and Notre Dame are kicking off in Dublin. After that who knows, my phone blows, so I'm always bumming other people's to place my picks.

I'm hoping to get to the 'Burgh in time to catch the second half of Broncos-Sparty.

August 31, 2012

If Bet - Boise State +7.5 @ Michigan State, Boise State @ Michigan State over 47

If Bet - North Carolina State +3.5 @ Tennessee, Stanford -24.5 versus San Jose State

Marshall @ West Virginia over 68

If Bet - Penn State -6 versus Ohio, Western Michigan +10 @ Illinois

Probably my last post for the day.....off to the lots...

Maryland -17.5 versus William & Mary

Air Force -32 versus Idaho State

Haven't placed anything yet but I am leaning towards Hawai'i +42 and am damn certain I'm taking Michigan +14. Will also be putting something on Pitt...you know for fun...

Thanks for the MSU tip. Brutal game.

Had to listen to it on the radio, I was surprised more points weren't put up by both teams, but otherwise kind of played out how I thought it would. Hope you had a good weekend wagering and otherwise...

Got Louisville -14 and over 43 going right now.

Looking at SMU and the over tonight, but not certain yet...

September 3, 2012

If Bet - Georgia Tech +8 @ Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech over 47

Really would have been nice if jackass hadn't thrown a prayer on the very first possession of overtime. Things had come together beautifully...until that....

Back