Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Because Mitchrapp Won't...Crazy Democrat Quotes

I'm not complaining about you not being respectful, since your respect is not something I covet.

Just that you using the term "kid" is pretty much the ultimate internet fail, and I was making fun of you for it. I'm sure you can do better.

That's the ultimate internet fail? calling a person who resorts first to ad hominem and uses emoticons and childish abbreviations like "ftfy" a "kid" because he acts like a kid? You have a pretty low bar for what you consider a fail, let alone the ultimate internet fail.

Last edited:
Pretty positive I just called what you said is BS or Bullshit.. Not sure what name calling you are mentioning?

well, I said "if anything, it was you" in response to chump's accusation because I was sure that I didn't call you names and didn't feel like going back to see if his accusation was just aimed at the wrong person or completely baseless. Sounds like the latter. The only people I do that with are thumb and chump and only because that's how they deal with people who disagree with them.

Last edited:
You sir, as out of your fucking mind. I'm not running anywhere, and never have. I simply made fun of him for what name he called me, not the fact that he called me a name.

Nice try though, keep it up! Sooner or later you're bound to get something right.

How does one become "as out of their fucking mind"?

"Running" as in complaining about what is being said in response to your inane arguments, instead of actually carrying on the discussion.

As far as your last comment - imitation is sincerest form of flattery. Thank you. I realize arguing is not your ken, but maybe people wouldn't answer you as they do, if you weren't such ridiculous jerk all the time.

"Running" as in complaining about what is being said in response to your inane arguments, instead of actually carrying on the discussion.

No.

Why don't you actually read what was quoted. He said I "run for cover".

I try to eat healthy and the way to do that is not buy junk food in the 1st place, but when guests are visiting, we usually end up buying junk food "just in case" and then after they leave, I get junk food. That's why I had potato chips with lunch today. ...and man, potato chips are delicious. I really wish I could eat 'em all the time. None of that Morgan Spurlock "My system isn't used to junk food and it makes me sick." I love junk food and these chips are delicious.

I just wanted to share.

snackman-o.gif

I try to eat healthy and the way to do that is not buy junk food in the 1st place, but when guests are visiting, we usually end up buying junk food "just in case" and then after they leave, I get junk food. That's why I had potato chips with lunch today. ...and man, potato chips are delicious. I really wish I could eat 'em all the time. None of that Morgan Spurlock "My system isn't used to junk food and it makes me sick." I love junk food and these chips are delicious.

I just wanted to share.

Thanks for sharing and I completely agree. Potato chips are delicious and go w/ just about anything - had them on the side w/ every sandwich, pizza or burger growing up. I used to put them IN my PB&J sandwiches - talk about synergies, the salty crunch in the sandwich was exponentially better than just having them on the side. But that was when I was a kid and had a crazy metabolism so I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight. My wife doesn't share the same appreciation for the potato chip so they're rarely in the pantry these days.

Last edited:
But that was when I was a kid and had a crazy metabolism so I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight.

I've read there's not much beyond the calories you consume and the calories you burn that contributes to how much you weigh, it's just difficult to accept that when I know how I ate as a kid. Was I really that much more active?

I've read there's not much beyond the calories you consume and the calories you burn that contributes to how much you weigh, it's just difficult to accept that when I know how I ate as a kid. Was I really that much more active?

I believe that's largely true and I should have said "whatever and as much as I wanted". The point I was making though was my body is not the calorie furnace it was for the first 20-some years of my life. I was a late bloomer (grew 3" in college) and I think through that point I burned more calories even when I was sedentary than I do now when I'm sedentary. I do think the quality of calories has at least something to do with it (particularly fat and cholesterol) but it's mostly that I'm burning less and have to be more judicious about what I eat - if I eat until full, I'll probably consume a lot more calories if I'm eating potato chips than if I make other less calorie dense choices.

Last edited:

I bet you were. Maybe.

I know I was. Nothing like kids today with video games and the internet. I used to ride my bike for miles every day, always running around with my friends, or climbing trees and making forts and stuff. Seems like when you're a kid you have an endless supply of energy, and much of it comes from all those snacks loaded with carbs and sugar and fat. I could eat like a horse when I was a kid, and always looked like a skeleton covered in flesh colored saran-wrap.

Last edited:
I bet you were. Maybe.

I know I was. Nothing like kids today with video games and the internet. I used to ride my bike for miles every day, always running around with my friends, or climbing trees and making forts and stuff. Seems like when you're a kid you have an endless supply of energy, and much of it comes from all those snacks loaded with carbs and sugar and fat. I could eat like a horse when I was a kid, and always looked like a skeleton covered in flesh colored saran-wrap.

Actually, I know I was really active through high school. But even in my mid-20's I ate whatever I wanted. Compared to now, it's crazy.

yeah, it really is crazy. When I was a freshman I joined the wrestling team and being totally naive about it, for the first week or so I thought the weight limits were minimums (nobody was talking about cutting weight that early in the season and the only thing I had any experience w/ was pee wee football which had a min weight requirement for each division). So I would go home after practice and eat whatever my mom made for dinner plus a frozen pizza and a couple hot dogs and I would show up for practice the next day worried because I still didn't gain an ounce - tried for a week to add 2lbs just to make 105. Then about a week in, a bunch of "veterans" started wearing plastics to practice and talking about cutting weight and I was like "oh, that makes a lot more sense." I think I only had to cut weight once in my sophomore year when I was wrestling as a small 119 and my coach wanted me to make 112.

Last edited:
Back