Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

Josh Jackson is said to be strongly considering MSU. We might even lead for him. Wow.

Word is that he and Bridges might be a package deal and Jackson's mom ruled out Kentucky long ago as she does not like Calipari.

Last edited:
OK, apparently Bridges and Jackson are best friends and intend to play in college together. Josh Langford has been recruiting both of them hard. I think Bridges is 80% to MSU. Jackson has visited a few times and will take an official to MSU this Fall, if you asked me a week ago I would have said we have a 5% chance of landing him, now I think it's closer to 50%. As I said, Kentucky is not in the picture for Jackson, Kansas and Arizona are our biggest competition for him.

Bridges is announcing in Flint Saturday. Jackson has said he may want to sign in the early signing period in November. This class would be historic with Jackson. We'd have the Rivals #1, #11, #18, #28, and #45 player in the country. #3, 8, 17, 29, and 39 according to ESPN.

If we were to add Jackson on top of Bridges to this class, Izzo would have these guys running teams off the floor. It would be the fastest and most athletic team in the country by a long way. Jackson is NBA ready right now, he's a phenom. He really reminds me of a more athletic Evan Turner, great handles, smooth, can shoot and pass, but Jackson is a better finisher with much better hops. Jackson is the type of talent that the defense can play perfectly against and he can still go for 35, he can get his own shot and he makes tough shots.

Last edited:
Izzo visited Jackson in California yesterday. A few crystal balls in a row for him to us. Jackson grew up an MSU fan and his mother loves Izzo. The dominoes are starting to fall.

Last edited:
Kentucky picked up a commitment from 5 star sf/pf Wenyen Gabriel(6-9, 195 lbs) today They have another P/F already committed. UK just recently amped up their recruitment of Gabriel after Bridges visited them a couple weeks ago.

Kentucky would still obviously take Bridges, but they wouldn't likely have taken Gabriel if they thought Bridges would be in their class.

Bridges will likely play the 4 at the college level, he measured at 6-7.5, 225 lbs this summer and he can really rebound the ball as well as defend.

With that, some more writers predicting Bridges to MSU, 75-25 lead in the crystal balls now for the good guys. Bridges was thought a lock to Kentucky just a month ago, this is huge.

Last edited:
getting Bridges helps us in regards to Jackson obviously, momentum matters and Jackson could see himself as a part of something very big in East Lansing. At the moment MSU is as attractive as it could get with Green's stardom, the recent final 4, the other kids in the class, his mom's attitude towards Izzo, and the prospect of coming home. I'm not saying Jackson is anything close to a sure thing but crystal balls are trending in our direction and I like our chances vs the competition.

getting Bridges helps us in regards to Jackson obviously, momentum matters and Jackson could see himself as a part of something very big in East Lansing. At the moment MSU is as attractive as it could get with Green's stardom, the recent final 4, the other kids in the class, his mom's attitude towards Izzo, and the prospect of coming home. I'm not saying Jackson is anything close to a sure thing but crystal balls are trending in our direction and I like our chances vs the competition.

Jackson is setting up an official to MSU and it's likely to come on our Midnight madness event in 2 weeks. The one thing I like is that he's said he'd like to sign in November to get this out of the way, although he hasn't ruled out letting it go on for a while. I'm thinking it's more like 60-40 now in us landing him.

Imagine our rotation in 2016:
PG-Winston, Nairns
SG-Harris, Langford
SF- Jackson, M. Clark
PF-Bridges, Ward
C- Davis, Schilling

With McQuiad, Bess, and Ahrens providing depth. That lineup would include at least 4 McD's AAs and I'd say several future NBA players.

Pretty good in theory, though I think if Harris has the year this year people hope, he may go pro early, especially being a 4th year Junior.

Josh Jackson making an official visit to MSU this weekend with his mom. It's a long shot this early, but he could commit.

Havent heard any confirmation but I dont think he made it to Midnight Madness. Im not overly concerned. I think he isnt going to be a Donnie Corley and look at 10 schools making 100 visits. He will probably make a few visits to a few schools and make a decision. Being all his guys are playing at MSU gives us the best chance to get him. Hope he lands Green and hangs a few banners in the Bres.

Still trending our way, I think Jackson was the one who came up with "#The Class" moniker. He rooted for MSU basketball his whole life and loves Izzo. Still think it's down to us and Arizona, but I really like our chances.

sit back and wait on this one, it's going until April

2017 PF/C Brandon McCoy called MSU his Dream School, word is we lead. 5 star, #14 player in the nation. 6-11, but real skinny right now at 220 lbs.

Last edited:
Izzo is visiting Josh Jackson this weekend at Jackson's family's request to do an in home visit.

Izzo is visiting Josh Jackson this weekend at Jackson's family's request to do an in home visit.

"Ok Mr. and Mrs. Jackson, we are nearly complete on the process to send Alvin Ellis to Iowa state, sit tight"

Last edited:
Early signing period starts tomorrow, all 4 commits expected to sign this week

Back