Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

I guess he kept in touch with izzo all along and the interest is mutual according to his dad. the rivals staff thinks that MSU becomes the favorite if he comes to visit

Is this referring to Looney? I don't think we're even in the running for him.

I was talking about bluiett

As for Looney, he's visiting this weekend

I know he's visiting but I think it's a long shot that he comes to play here. Saw someone say that Alexander is committing next month, what's the word on that? He's a Kansas lean right? But we're in second?

I know he's visiting but I think it's a long shot that he comes to play here. Saw someone say that Alexander is committing next month, what's the word on that? He's a Kansas lean right? But we're in second?

Different opinions on cliff, he said a year ago that msu was a clear favorite, people presume kansas because theyre kansas and his girlfriend goes there. He tweeted a top 3 in August of msu, kansas, and Kentucky and ky is out.

Tennessee is a presumptive favorite for looney because his dad went there, duke too but that's because they're duke.

FYI, James Blackmon was on campus with Looney on Saturday, there was speculation that he cut MSU from his list but that's not the case.

you couldn't ask for a much better day for hosting recruits, a good football game, great weather, homecoming atmosphere, etc

FYI, James Blackmon was on campus with Looney on Saturday, there was speculation that he cut MSU from his list but that's not the case.

you couldn't ask for a much better day for hosting recruits, a good football game, great weather, homecoming atmosphere, etc

Cliff Alxander will be visiting MSU in the next few weeks. We're still in the picture for him.

word is that Trevon Bluiett is trying to arrange a visit for midnight madness this weekend, maybe get up a day or so early to get individual attention from the staff vs being one of many recruits up for MM. he enjoyed his Memphis visit, not sure if he's going to visit butler or Xavier.

sounds like MSU is coming on strong here towards the end of his recruitment, he's a highly ranked kid, surprised he isn't getting that much more attention from top programs.

Looks like he's really hot on MSU and Memphis. Come on Izzo pull a rabbit out of a hat and get this kid.

I saw that. Gives us a little more hope I guess.

This is a little off topic but I've been trying to convince everyone I know that Valentine will go down as one of the best players to ever play at MSU. Am I crazy or do you guys see it too? He can play any position except center probably. Rebounds really well, passing is incredible, his shot is decent, but above all his IQ is in my opinion as good as Draymonds.

This is a little off topic but I've been trying to convince everyone I know that Valentine will go down as one of the best players to ever play at MSU. Am I crazy or do you guys see it too? He can play any position except center probably. Rebounds really well, passing is incredible, his shot is decent, but above all his IQ is in my opinion as good as Draymonds.

I think his ceiling may be 2nd or 3rd team all big ten but I think he has talent and should be a major contributor for a while. he's not very athletic but smart, green is a good comparison, not nearly the rebounder but a better passer and ballhandler

He will be a good player, one of the best ever is a huge stretch. Everyone talks about him being a PG in the future, but we'll see. He's a great passer but no way will he be able to guard most opposing PGs. Ideally he'd play more of a point forward role who can fill in in any number of areas and take a lot of pressure off the primary PG, if needed, like Draymond did. High b-ball IQ yes, but to think he could also provide all the leadership and intangibles Draymond provided is asking quite a lot.

I know we weren't expecting for Trevon to commit after his visit. Any word on how it went?

his dad said it went well, the interview and tweets were similar to his other visits. his dad expects a commitment within 7-10 days, there is some speculation in Bloomington that he might pick Xavier which would be a surprise.

Any reason why he's ranked so high and no major teams have offered him? Between MSU Xavier and Memphis the choice would seem obvious. I think Dawson will leave after this year so he'd come in and have playing time available for sure.

Any reason why he's ranked so high and no major teams have offered him? Between MSU Xavier and Memphis the choice would seem obvious. I think Dawson will leave after this year so he'd come in and have playing time available for sure.

He has offera from ucla, Louisville qnd Florida. He committed to ucla bur quickly changed hiw ming because of the distance

Anything new here Sbee? Haven't seen anything about Bluiett anywhere. Has he taken any other officials after state?

Just looked at 24x7...safe to say we're out of it. How in the world do you pick Xavier over MSU. I just don't get it. It sucks losing recruits to Kentucky but at least you know there is a good reason they picked them. The facilities, dorms, best chance at NBA. But a school like Xavier, what in the world do they have?

Back