Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Welcome Cole Chewins. He accepted a Gray Shirt offer, 6-7, 250 LB former TE who will play tackle in college. Kid has some potential an was committed to Miami of Ohio and was receiving interest from several Power 5 schools recently. Staff sees good athleticism and the right frame to add a lot of weight quickly.

Also landed a preferred walkon, Bryce Wilkins, 6-5, 285 lb OG from Belding.

I like the frame of Chewins, with the right program he could be another Conklin. Of course not every gray shirt ends up being a potential top NFL pick but he has the tools

Wow, Anthony McKee tried to commit, but the staff told him no, he waited way too long. 4 star GA LB Quarte Sapp is visiting next week and we like him much better than McKee. McKee seems pretty pissed off about it. That's 2 big time recruits we've said no to.

Also, Felton Davis III got a huge bump in the rankings on 247, now a top 250 player as a mid 4 star.

I understand players looking around but lots like to wait until last second or string it out as long as possible. Well, try doing that in the real world at a job interview, doesnt work that way either (yeah well im going to interview 5 more places then let you know in 2 months). Glad we said no, its nice to show people shit isnt always going to be on their terms. It could also be a tactic to make future recruits commit knowing the offer isnt good if you milk it too long.

Last edited:
Drake Martinez is also on campus this weekend, Taylor's litke brother, 6-2, 220 lb LB who runs a 4.40. Left Nebraska after some health problems and would have 3 year of eligibility remaining.

Drake Martinez commits. 3 years to play 3. Has incredible speed for a LB will okay the STAR.

Not that MSU fans live for stars, but the Dowell twins committing means we have 7 4 stars according to Rivals and 9 according to Scout. I think we still have a shot at Sapp which would give us 8 and 10 including 6 in the Rivals 250.

Holy crap!!!! Just read that Quarte Sapp might be a done deal. Thought we stopped recruiting him with the commits of the Dowells and Martinez. Add Hunt and we have a 19 person class. Still think a DE Commits too

Sapp is announcing at 12:30 tomorrow. We had an in home last night. Tennessee recruitnics saying MSU too.

That will be a top 15-20 class. Negative is it means at least 3-4 guys are transferring.

Damn, this will be the highest rates class CMD has brought in. Already 18th and 25th on Scout and Rivals.

Last edited:
Well Sapp is going to UT it sounds like. Bad info last night.

he met with UT's recruiter last night, canceled his official to Mizzou and moved up his announcement, that made it pretty obvious

he met with UT's recruiter last night, canceled his official to Mizzou and moved up his announcement, that made it pretty obvious

Apparently said the Dowell twins committing here was a factor, but who knows.

Still hearing we are not done with this class and will add another commit or two.

You mean it's possible to get a kid that Harbaugh offered?

Good start to the class with him and Chambers.

Harbaugh and Urban both. This is a kid OSU wanted, as well. Congrats on a nice commit!

Hearing good things about AZ 4 star DE Cassius Peat, supposedly he and his family have decided on MSU. Been a target it a while and Coach Burton and his dad are old friends. Would be a helluva way to finish the class. The staff thinks very highly of Peat.

UT 3 star DE Mufi Hunt is also likely to commit. I can't imagine us taking anymore than two more.

Hunt is a lock, Peat looks like 80%. Both of them together will give us the 23rd class on 247, 20 on Rivals, and 14 or 15 on Scout.

Rankings still aren't the end all and be all, but this class is almost all Plan A recruits for the staff. More Plan A guys than any class CMD has signed. Even more than the 2010 class that included 11 four stars. It's his best class on paper IMO.

Mufi Hunt's dad about visiting MSU "I can tell you, it's a whole different brand of athletes and football. We didn't know that until we went there. As a parent and a player our jaw dropped. Holy Mackeral! It's a whole different ball game. I'm a big PAC 12 fan and it blew my mind. For me, as a parent, I would love for him to go there."
Absolutely."

The results on the field are self evident, but we are building a powerhouse here. Not the first time a recruit or his family has been blown away by what they see at our practices. The team is filled with studs.

Hunt announcing at 11am tomorrow, offers from Oklahoma, Oregon, ASU, BYU, Zona etal.

Peat has offers from ND, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Oregon, UCLA, Zona, ASU, Cal etcetera.

Last edited:
Back