Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Scout has him listed as a 3rd qtr decision fwiw.

Michigan in on 3 of the 5 announcing during the game.

Until he signs I won't consider him a commit. He's taken the circus route his whole recruitment and I wouldn't be shocked if he pulled another twist today like delaying again or even picking a school that we don't even know he's considering.
He may have signed already, he's enrolled and moving into the dorms on monday wherever he picks

He did try to commit earlier in the summer but md told him to take his time and wait until he was 100% I'd say 65% us

Last edited:
He may have signed already, he's enrolled and moving into the dorms on monday wherever he picks

He did try to commit earlier in the summer but md told him to take his time and wait until he was 100% I'd say 65% us

I've just always had a weird feeling about him.

Announcing during the 3rd quarter, is it OSU and the OSU people are saying its us. Will enroll in school next week too.

Multiple sources saying Lavert Hill to MSU now. Including MSU and UM sources. He wants to play with Corley.

Multiple sources saying Lavert Hill to MSU now. Including MSU and UM sources. He wants to play with Corley.
Still a long way to go. His twitter was very pro michigan but of course his brother was playing for them

Donnie Corley enrolled at Michigan State this morning, means he signed his Big Ten tender, his recruitment is over.

Honestly, glad he is enrolling early, he would have went beyond signing day if not.

Remaining targets are:
Farniok or Sammons, Hill, maybe a LB.

RB Miles Sanders has said he is still considering us and if Penn State doesn't check out we will be his choice. Since Penn State lost both coordinators and their O line coach, and Franklin is on the hottest seat in the country, I would guess we have a decent shot.

Last edited:
Donnie Corley enrolled at Michigan State this morning, means he signed his Big Ten tender, his recruitment is over.

Honestly, glad he is enrolling early, he would have went beyond signing day if not.

Remaining targets are:
Farniok or Sammons, Hill, maybe a LB.

RB Miles Sanders has said he is still considering us and if Penn State doesn't check out we will be his choice. Since Penn State lost both coordinators and their O line coach, and Franklin is on the hottest seat in the country, I would guess we have a decent shot.

I wouldn't be surprised if we add a kid that hasn't been mentioned on these boards as of yet

I wouldn't be surprised if we add a kid that hasn't been mentioned on these boards as of yet
Yeah, we've had some pleasant signing day surprises the last couple years with 4 stars, Harrell, Evans, and the Dowell twins.

Sammons is an interesting recruit, he's 6-8, 280 lbs and plays DE, he was a borderline top 50 player, but has dropped, still a top 200 player. I think we like him as an OT, he has really good athleticism and extreme length.

Last edited:
Miles Sanders news, he has taken down PennState commit from his Twitter page, and he followed a bunch of MSU players and commits today. Might be visiting next weekend.

Edit: rumblings that Sanders is decommitted good tomorrow and is l likely to flip to MSU. This is a solitary huge, he's the #1 back in the country on a site and when they rerank in a couple weeks he'll be #1 on all of them. The perfect complement to the power backs we have. 5-11, 200 lbs and runs a 4.3 forty.

Holy shit.

Last edited:
Miles Sanders news, he has taken down PennState commit from his Twitter page, and he followed a bunch of MSU players and commits today. Might be visiting next weekend.

Edit: rumblings that Sanders is decommitted good tomorrow and is l likely to flip to MSU. This is a solitary huge, he's the #1 back in the country on a site and when they rerank in a couple weeks he'll be #1 on all of them. The perfect complement to the power backs we have. 5-11, 200 lbs and runs a 4.3 forty.

Holy shit.

PSU is a sinking ship, might as well jump off.

PSU is a sinking ship, might as well jump off.

Yet recruits still flock to to Happy Valley. Kind of like ND, theyve won what 2 bowl games in 20 years and they are always getting classes full of talent.:shrug:

Yet recruits still flock to to Happy Valley. Kind of like ND, theyve won what 2 bowl games in 20 years and they are always getting classes full of talent.:shrug:

Recruits are looking around and they've had a few decommits and are poised for a few more.

Latest recruiting buzz:

We got a verbal commit from either Sanders or Hill last night, not sure when it will be made public, but one of the 2 committed to our coaches last night. Looks like we have some momentum right now. Here's my take of how we finish this class and the % confidence I have.

1) Levert Hill- His two best friends are Green in Corley and Vance, lots of buzz last night that he may have committed. 80%

2) Prince Sammons- His longtime girlfriend got accepted to MSU and is enrolling for the Fall, we have an in home with him this week and he's visiting next weekend. We like him as an OT at 6-8, 280 lbs, top 150 player. 75%

3) Miles Sanders- He's the best RB in the country and is taking an official to MSU the 29th through 31st. Signing day is the 3rd. I think he makes his decommit from PSU public this week and we're the only other school he's considering. 65%

4)Karamo Doiubate- 4 star DT, recently decommitted from PSU, this guy is a huge athlete. Naquan Jones still has some work to do to qualify, but Dioubate is a take regardless of that. 50%

5) OT- Word is we're back in the picture for EJ Price, we didn't make his original final 3, but now he's reaching out to us again. 25% Matt Farniok visits next weekend, another high 4 star OT 25%, Michel Menet, almost a 5 star OT who is committed to Penn State is looking around and has talked to MSU, 15%.

I remember when a lot of these kids committed to Penn State it was down to them and MSU, now that things are going South there, MSU stands to clean up. We were in the top 3 for all of these guys and made Sanders's top 2.

Blackwell tweeted V4MSU last night so we did get someone, I'd hope it's Hill over sanders since I don't believe Sanders has visited campus. Hill would be more likely to stick

Blackwell tweeted V4MSU last night so we did get someone, I'd hope it's Hill over sanders since I don't believe Sanders has visited campus. Hill would be more likely to stick

Sanders has visited MSU, but not in a while. My money is that Lavert Hill is now committed to MSU, but will do the hat dance on signing day. Also really like our chances to flip Sanders and he is in fact visiting MSU a few days before signing day.

EJ Price would be a huge get.

Sanders has visited MSU, but not in a while. My money is that Lavert Hill is now committed to MSU, but will do the hat dance on signing day. Also really like our chances to flip Sanders and he is in fact visiting MSU a few days before signing day.

EJ Price would be a huge get.

Hill canceled the USC trip but he's still planning on the official to Clemson. You'd think that he just wants the trip but if that's the case why not go to USC? I'd view clemson as a threat if he does take that trip

Hill canceled the USC trip but he's still planning on the official to Clemson. You'd think that he just wants the trip but if that's the case why not go to USC? I'd view clemson as a threat if he does take that trip

USC just lost their recruiting coordinator to Mississippi State, that's probably why he is skipping that visit. Not sure if Hill will go to Clemson or not, but if he does there is always a chance he switches to them. All signs point to Hill committing to MSU last night. These last 3 weeks before signing day could be pretty wild.

USC just lost their recruiting coordinator to Mississippi State, that's probably why he is skipping that visit. Not sure if Hill will go to Clemson or not, but if he does there is always a chance he switches to them. All signs point to Hill committing to MSU last night. These last 3 weeks before signing day could be pretty wild.

I agree, could work the other way though I haven't heard anything about any of our guys wavering

Back