Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Wow. Looking like TJ Harrell is close to pulling the trigger. Always nice to get good players out of Florida. 4 star safety/RB.

Still feel good about McDowell.

Cage visited ND. Strange recruitment for this kid. Would love to finish the class with these 3. If we land Cage and McDowell, David Beedle is a candidate to nice to O line.

Darius Crawley, WR target from Texas committed to Kansas.

Also. Hearing good things about Josh Alabi and Michael Webber wanting to commit together.

Speaking of strange recruitments. Craig Evans is visiting MSU today. He's committed to Wisky 3 times, but he's visiting again. Not sure what to make of this kid, he's a beast and would love to have him, but who knows.

Some Wisky folks are saying they've learned he is not signing with them, so who knows. Tennessee is also in the picture.

Harrell, McDowel, and Evans to close would be strong. Would probably put us in the top20 or better.

OK, this is getting crazy now, just read that Jamarco Jones is taking an official visit to MSU befor signing day. We were a close 2nd to OSU when he picked and the coach he liked so much at OSU left for Texas.

Shit is getting real.

Jones, McDowell, Harrell, and Evans please. Thinking that we are pulling OT David Hedelin's offer as he's had some eligibility problems.

DT commit Enoch Smith Jr is playing in the B2G west coast all star game today. Totally unblock able. He has 4 sacks in the first half so far.

Edit: was named the game's MVP, had at least 5 sacks. Played against an O line with guys committed to Oregon, Pitt, Arizona State, and Arizona. Kid has an unbelievable motor, plays low, and is powerful.

Smith was officially given 5 sacks, but he had 8 sacks, think they counted his other 3 as TFLs.

Last edited:
Confirmed Craig Evans was on campus yesterday, Wisconsin commit, then decommit, then commit again, then visiting MSU. I know he's a stud top 250 DT but this is kind of strange behavior, I think he must have committed to Wisconsin to make someone else happy but his heart isn't in it.

Confirmed Craig Evans was on campus yesterday, Wisconsin commit, then decommit, then commit again, then visiting MSU. I know he's a stud top 250 DT but this is kind of strange behavior, I think he must have committed to Wisconsin to make someone else happy but his heart isn't in it.

Evans recruitment is a strange case. Hearing he might have trouble with the clearing house standards.

Cage gushed about his visit and now says we are his clear #1.

McDowell is taking a visit this weekend, probably to LSU, but maybe to OSU. His mom also has spoken out about some BS people have been saying about her family, seems there's soome butthurt among fans from a certain school McDowell no longer appears to be considering.

TJ Harrell might be going to Georgia, but some experts think he still leans MSU.

The coaches will be visiting Jamarco Jones this week at his home and then Jones will be taking an official to MSU this weekend. This kid is the total package on and off the field and very good friends with Brian Allen. Would be a huge coupe to flip a top 50 player from Urban Meyer.

Wow, there's a chancewe finish this class with a top 50 O lineman, a top 50 D lineman, and a 4 Star DT and DB.

Last edited:
Word is that TJ Harrell has possibly committed, nothing official yet, 4 star DB from FL with offers from Florida State, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Miami, Ole Miss, Tennessee, UCLA, Missouri etc.

Word is that TJ Harrell has possibly committed, nothing official yet, 4 star DB from FL with offers from Florida State, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Miami, Ole Miss, Tennessee, UCLA, Missouri etc.

MD was supposedly in GA with Harlon Barnett today. word is we are still #1 with TJ after his UGA visit

MD was supposedly in GA with Harlon Barnett today. word is we are still #1 with TJ after his UGA visit

Word is he's given MD a verbal. We've had this kid near the top of our board for a long time, he's a playmaker.

The Twitterverse is saying Craig Evans is a verbal, but won;t announce until signing day. We'll see.

Hearing that Jamarco Jones had a great visit this weekend and asked that the Spartan coaching staff send him a LOI. Doesn't mean he's made up his mind necessarily. Heard he will tweet his choice today or tomorrow.

Flipping a top 50 player from Urban and Ohio State 2 days before NSD will be unprecedented for MSU.

I'm hearing evans, harrell, and jones to finish the class. Jones announcing tomorrow is good for us

Last edited:
Evans is officially a verbal commit. 6-3, 305 NT who reportedly runs a 4.8 forty.

#188 player in the nation. Between he and and Enoch Smith who will play the 3 technique we got a good pair of prospects inside on the D line.

Last edited:
Evans worries me some. What the hell was the deal with backing out on Wisky so many times?

With or without Mcdowell, that's a hell of a recruiting class.

Yeah, bumps us up to a top 25 class on Rivals and 3rd in the B1g behind only OSU and Penn State. Not that Rivals knows shit, but I feel like we got a lot of plan A recruits this cycle.

Smith Jr. and Evans were plan A guys at DT. Slade at DE was a plan A guy. Nicholson, Copeland, and Drake all also plan A guys. TJ Harrell is the silent commit and he's a plan A safety for sure.

Offensively we got London and Owens as plan A RBs. Brian Allen and Giancacos are plan A guys. Even got the #1 punter in the nation too.

Finish with Jones and this class would appear to be one of the strongest of the MD era. Of course how they do on the field in 2 or 3 years is really the only way to judge. Personally I think that 2011 class may go down as his best and they weren't top 30.

I think the difference between the 15th ranked class and 35th isn't much at all.

Evans is a stud though, he had a lot of pressure to stay home but was always in love w msu

Back