Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops Injury update

Sbee

Izzo said that he's hoping that Dawson has a 24 to 48 hour bug, he didn't go through warm ups but Izzo said that he even looked better at the end of the game. He had him on the bench in case we had an injury late in the game he would be forced into action

Ellis has the boot off his foot and is doing some shooting drills, no lay ups yet. Izzo said that he was doubtful for the tournament this weekend

Bess should be back close to 100% by christmas, I was really hoping he'd be able to play against ND but that's not going to happen. it was initially a 4 week thing but now we're looking at 6-7 weeks

Forbes still wearing the cast on his hand, smaller now but still impedes ball handling. Hopefully just a few more weeks with that

here's to hoping we don't have to bump this up that often this year

Damn, why do you guys always seem to have so many injuries? It's almost every year.

Damn, why do you guys always seem to have so many injuries? It's almost every year.

I don't know, I'm obviously biased and think we get more than most but I don't remember UM or OSU injuries the same way that I remember MSU. we've had our share but last year was terrible, hopefully we can make it through the preseason only losing 2 games, if that's the case I don't think it will cost us anything. I think we were unlikely to beat Duke at full strength and we might not beat Kansas if we get the chance to play them Sunday.

The injuries right now are mostly just affecting depth. Instead of a 10 man rotation, it's more like 8. The good thing is none of the 3 main cogs (Dawson, Trice, Valentine), or any of the big men have been out.

The injuries right now are mostly just affecting depth. Instead of a 10 man rotation, it's more like 8. The good thing is none of the 3 main cogs (Dawson, Trice, Valentine), or any of the big men have been out.

Dawson was out last night but I get what you're saying.

We had McGary last year and Morgan two years ago. I can't think of any other major injuries. Lucas getting hurt a few years ago for you guys will stick with me for a long time.

We had McGary last year and Morgan two years ago. I can't think of any other major injuries. Lucas getting hurt a few years ago for you guys will stick with me for a long time.

got I almost forgot about that, we were almost able to steal a national title that year.

Last year was the worst with Appling and everyone else, the Appling one did us in the end, he was playing at an All American level early on and then was never the same after the wrist injury.

The Dawson ACL in 2012 cost us an outright big ten title. We were up 10 against OSU and Dawson had Buford locked up, he tears his ACL with 10 to go in the first half and then Buford goes off for 20+ with Brandon Kearney on him. that one hurt but we would have gotten smoked by Kentucky that year even if we made the title game. Last year I really thought we were the best team in the country, hell, I think we were even with Appling hurting.

this thread is quickly depressing me

got I almost forgot about that, we were almost able to steal a national title that year.

Last year was the worst with Appling and everyone else, the Appling one did us in the end, he was playing at an All American level early on and then was never the same after the wrist injury.

The Dawson ACL in 2012 cost us an outright big ten title. We were up 10 against OSU and Dawson had Buford locked up, he tears his ACL with 10 to go in the first half and then Buford goes off for 20+ with Brandon Kearney on him. that one hurt but we would have gotten smoked by Kentucky that year even if we made the title game. Last year I really thought we were the best team in the country, hell, I think we were even with Appling hurting.

this thread is quickly depressing me

You want depressing? Start being a Michigan Football fan. To go from the best or 2nd best big 10 team to what we are now has pretty much destroyed all faith I have in our program.

Cheer up. You guys still have Izzo and through him all things are possible.

You want depressing? Start being a Michigan Football fan. To go from the best or 2nd best big 10 team to what we are now has pretty much destroyed all faith I have in our program.

Cheer up. You guys still have Izzo and through him all things are possible.

Kind of like being a MSU football fan in the early 2000's, like a nearly decade long kick in the nuts.

The Lucas injury in 2010 and Appling in 2014 hurt more because they cost us legit shots at national titles and those don't come along very often. Of course the 2010 was lucky because NIU beat Kansas in the round of 32, we'd beat kansas 1-2 times out of 10 but I think we cut the nets down with Lucas. That would have been one of those flukish NC's like Uconn's last two.

Appling last year costs us a real shot at it but we still should have won it without him, which might even hurt more.

On the other side saying Kenyon Martin's injury in 2000 maybe gave us a title, it dropped Cincy to a 4 seed and and they would have been a very tough opponent for MSU with him.

I cant think of 1 year on the last 10 that we havent had major injury to someone at some point (or multiple)....its like clockwork

I cant think of 1 year on the last 10 that we havent had major injury to someone at some point (or multiple)....its like clockwork

I can think of 1. National championship game run in 09. I think we were full strength most of the year. Too bad UNC was untouchable that year.

Last edited:
I can think of 1. National championship game run in 09. I think we were full strength most of the year. Too bad UNC was untouchable that year.

I think Morgan was sidelined with the ankle injury to start the season off but I dont remember how long...

Last edited:
I think Morgan was sidelined with the ankle injury to start the season off but I dont remember how long...
That and mono, we lost two regular season games when he was out.

Devon roe is another one, he was hurt before he came to msu though. Izzo always says that we never got to see The player he saw

Didn't Raymar break his nose too? I seem to remember him wearing a mask during that tourney run.

he broke his nose against Kansas, played with a mask vs louisville that didn't really fit, got a good one for the Uconn/Unc games.

I also think he lost a tooth vs Maryland in 2010

Javon bess now held out of practice with an ankle injury, he did it to himself cutting in an individual drill.

Oh yeah! I just stickied all over this bitch!

You're welcome, Sbee.

Izzo made it seem like Costello and Valentine were going to undergo some tests this week since they've been sick and can't regain strength and wind. hopefully it's nothing that bad and they can practice all week. we need these 6 days to prepare for maryland

Back