Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sit, stand, kneel, or do whatever you like for the National Anthem

I'm not hostile whatsoever. Massive, massive difference between things that are said in public, vs what you "assume" people feel.

There's no debate to be had if you can use people's minds as your measuring stick. That eliminates any rationality in conversation.

What are you doing back here anyways? Didn't you deem yourself too good for this group?

anyway is not plural. I got sick of engaging in nonsensical debates with certain people I think are morons. I came back vowing not to engage with them again. I mistook your post as coming from someone else. I'll pay closer attention in the future.

Thanks for trying to shine your light to the masses. Head back to your masters at Fox News. They'll appreciate you there much better than we do.

There is zero coincidence that for the most part, conversations are somewhat level around here until you stick your nose in them, and shit just goes off the deep end. I don't remember the last time you had a post where your arrogance didn't reek through the keyboard.

Thanks for trying to shine your light to the masses. Head back to your masters at Fox News. They'll appreciate you there much better than we do.

There is zero coincidence that for the most part, conversations are somewhat level around here until you stick your nose in them, and shit just goes off the deep end. I don't remember the last time you had a post where your arrogance didn't reek through the keyboard.

Masses? how many people do you think post here? I've never been a Fox News person - I don't even have cable anymore and didn't know what channel it was on when I did.

You make a good leftist - first demonstrate you know little about what you are talking, then assume everyone agrees with you and blame the other guy when you start the hostilities.

Last edited:
If the handful of owners who care about wins more than money already have a backup QB, why would they sign him?

he's better? he can actually win games, so if their starters get injured (a likely occurrence) they won't be one-dimensional

Kaepernick is 11-24 in the last 3 seasons, 3-16 in the last two with
QBRs that place him 29th and 23rd, respectively with virtually 100% of his crappy overall ranking coming from rushing plays. he's ranked dead last among starters in passer ratings (he's outside the top 30 in 2015). He's a one dimensional player that doesn't fit most systems and he most definitely cannot be counted on to "actually win games."

let's not forget, the real reason Colin Kaepernick doesn't have a job this year is because he's a moron...

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/837807302589706240

he was going to make $14.5mm this season despite posting back-to-back horrible years but through his own arrogance, he thought someone else would pay more for an ineffective QB in rapid decline. Dumb move.

Last edited:
Yeah, you are right. 16 TDs/4 INT, 90 QBR, on one of the worst teams in football.

Do you actually research stuff before you post?

Yeah, you are right. 16 TDs/4 INT, 90 QBR, on one of the worst teams in football.

Do you actually research stuff before you post?

yeah, I am right. maybe it's you who should try a little research yourself. I already posted about his QBRs back in post 73 where I said he ranked 29th and 23rd overall with passing scores that were lowest or among the lowest in the league. Plus, it would be tough for him to have a QBR of 90 since that's 7 points higher than the highest in the league last year. Good try though.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/stats/expanded

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

Last edited:
Forgive me my friend, passer rating.

You can try and play the politics cards all you want. He would be starting for a 3rd of the NFL teams. You'd be on crack if you don't think he's a better option than Goff, Bortles, Siemian, Owseiler, whoever the Jets trot out, Case Keenum, etc...

"rapid" decline, lol. He had a pretty damn solid year with a garbage team.

He's not the next coming of Montana. But he can play a little. And he's getting the raw deal because he has beliefs, instead of being quiet.

Last edited:
now I see where you're getting the "90" - that's a different stat. That 90 puts him in 24th place for 2016.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ull&statisticCategory=PASSING&qualified=false

So no, he didn't have a pretty damn solid year - he's in the basement of nearly every stat ranking.

So you tried to do a little research, you're just not very good at it. What else ya got?

Edit: cant' get the link to work, copy and paste the url into your web address bar. change the year to 2016 and the season to "regular season" if you want to see it in rank order, then click on the "Rate" far right column to sort it numerically and you'll see where that 90 falls in...

"http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?statisticCategory=PASSING"

Last edited:
Forgive me my friend, passer rating.

You can try and play the politics cards all you want. He would be starting for a 3rd of the NFL teams. You'd be on crack if you don't think he's a better option than Goff, Bortles, Siemian, Owseiler, whoever the Jets trot out, Case Keenum, etc...

"rapid" decline, lol. He had a pretty damn solid year with a garbage team.

He's not the next coming of Montana. But he can play a little. And he's getting the raw deal because he has beliefs, instead of being quiet.

Again, that passer rating puts him at 24 among all QBs (excluding 13 non QBs who threw 1 pass). That sucks.

And I'm not the one trying to play the politics card - that's you, obviously. Do you not see that? I'm arguing that he's not employed because he's not good enough, or at least mostly because he's not good enough. you're the one claiming he's being blackballed.

Last edited:
Looks like it might be his girlfriend's fault he didn't get a job with the Ravens.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...sign-colin-kaepernick-girlfriend-racist-tweet

"We were going to close the deal to sign him," Lewis said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" on Tuesday night. "Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.'"

And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day."

The Aug. 2 tweet by Nessa Diab compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from "Django Unchained," where Samuel L. Jackson's loyal house slave held Leonardo DiCaprio's cruel plantation owner.

"His girl [Kaepernick's girlfriend] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn't know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed," Lewis said. "Steve Bisciotti has said it himself: 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?'"

Lewis was asked whether the Ravens would've signed Kaepernick if not for the tweet.

"Then he's flying him to Baltimore," Lewis said. "I am sitting with all three of them and we are all having a conversation about bringing Colin Kaepernick in."

still more bullshit.

Ray Lewis murdered someone, and his job was never in doubt. But Kaepernick's GF posts a tweet and they're falling all over themselves to react with righteous indignation?

they're still looking to blame Kaepernick so that they can keep this from spreading, and avoid addressing the situation he's protesting.

There is a block function, yanno. Why waste your time, with someone who likely gets most of his TPs while sitting @ the knee of Mark Levin?

Last edited:
still more bullshit.

Ray Lewis murdered someone, and his job was never in doubt. But Kaepernick's GF posts a tweet and they're falling all over themselves to react with righteous indignation?

they're still looking to blame Kaepernick so that they can keep this from spreading, and avoid addressing the situation he's protesting.

The guy was disrespecting the flag at the time Ray Lewis killed him.

The guy had it coming.

The guy was disrespecting the flag at the time Ray Lewis killed him.

The guy had it coming.

oh, gee, I had no idea!

Kaepernick (and most of the Cleveland Browns) better watch their backs then. Ray Lewis don't take kindly to others' engaging in Constitutionally protected speech.

nothing, I just don't think his opinion adds any credence to your weak point. Colin Kaepernick doesn't have a job because he's an idiot, not because the Ravens justifiably ended talks with him when his racist girlfriend effectively called them racists and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom (which is a perfectly legitimate response to that tweet). Kaepernick IS an idiot - he would be fully employed in San Fran as their backup making $14.5mm dollars but instead he overestimated the free agency market for backup QBs in decline (see link below) that don't fit 90%+ of NFL offensive schemes that happen to be coming off 3 pretty bad seasons (again, see link).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

Last edited:
Back