Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Champions Classic Tuesday Night

LuciousGameWinner

4 of the top 5 teams in the country are participating. Should be a fun night! We looked pretty good against Nkrthern Florida which was a warm up game for Duke. I so badly want to beat those guys. Coach K has owned Izzo, so hopefully things will change this game. Luckily we're the 7pm game, staying up for the second game will be be tough. This getting dark at 5pm is not fun (unless you like sleep).

People talk about Bridges, but Nick Ward is the most dominant player on this team. When he gets the ball down low there is no stopping him. He does always go to his left shoulder though, someone will figure him out.

#1 and #2 right off the bat. It will be interesting to see the spread tomorrow. Its been years since weve beaten Duke and I hope its high time now. Losing as many as we did last year im still skeptical of just how strong this team is. Go Green!!

Jaren jackson is also a difference maker. This team will break the MSU record for blocks in a season. No doubt about it.

Jaren jackson is also a difference maker. This team will break the MSU record for blocks in a season. No doubt about it.

He will be at some point, not convinced he can be against good competition jus yet. He fouled out in about 2 seconds against Yante Maten, he'll be tested again on Tuesday.

Another thing to look for with this team right now is the 3-pt shooting. It hasn't been good yet really in any game/exhibition. With their size and athleticism they don't have to knock them down the way the Valentine-Forbes team did 2 years ago, but they're going to have to be more efficient there than they've been so far to beat very good teams.

Another thing to look for with this team right now is the 3-pt shooting. It hasn't been good yet really in any game/exhibition. With their size and athleticism they don't have to knock them down the way the Valentine-Forbes team did 2 years ago, but they're going to have to be more efficient there than they've been so far to beat very good teams.

I agree! Have to get Mcquaid and Langford going. I think the only bright spot with the three so far has been Cassius. I never knew he had the opportunity to play at Harvard. What a smart kid! What is he majoring in? Hopefully not communications

Tough matchups, Trevon Duvall is a good distributor, 20 assists and 1 TO through 2 games. I know it's easier competition but that's still impressive. Bagley is a stronger version of Jaren Jackson, more back to the basket, not as much range. Allen is back to playing off the ball and shooting well because of it.

Free throw line will dictate a lot, Duke is famous for just diving to the rim to get fouled, along with trying to sneak in front of an opposing player to draw a charge. They manipulate the rules well, especially with the flopping, they are not attempting to play defense and then draw a foul in the process, the whole point is to draw a foul, same thing with taking it to the basket all game long.

If wanting it more has anything to do with it, I think we win. I like the experience early in the year.

#1 and #2 right off the bat. It will be interesting to see the spread tomorrow. Its been years since weve beaten Duke and I hope its high time now. Losing as many as we did last year im still skeptical of just how strong this team is. Go Green!!

Duke is a 2 point favorite.

Interesting game. Marvin Bagley Jr. is a freak, he's basically Kevin Durant in college right now. Jaren Jackson is a pretty good perimeter defender, him staying out of foul trouble will be a key. Bridges on Grayson Allen will also be fun to watch.

Pick em game.

Grayson Allen may have the most punchable face in the past decade of college basketball

Is anyone else’s sound from the broadcast absolutely awful? Mine is way too loud for crowd/court noises, I can’t hear the broadcast barely

Sooo much better when we scrap the half court offense and just push the ball. Just like that we go on a 9-0 run.

Back