Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

UNC tonight

By the way, Bridges is probably the 5th best player on the team right now and don?t tell me it?s the ankle

two of the best teams in the country and the refs have made this unwatchable. NCAA basketball sucks

Well, clunky offense and all, hard to argue with the end result. The way this team can protect the paint, if they stay out of foul trouble and also guard on the perimeter like they did tonight, they can go a long way.

Defense is getting there. Offense is a work in progress.

Refs were bad. NC was ice cold. We looked like a team that will be deadly in several weeks.

Spread was -1.5 Michigan State, put $100 (house $) on UNC to win +105. dont get me wrong, in my mind the win is worth more than $100. Either way I was going to win. if UNC had their normal 80% from the field (was ready for it) i would "get something" or if MSU covered we won a big game against our nemesis, im happy (those shitbags throw balls from out of the gym while being hacked and it goes in) . MSU plastered those fucks, love it!!! Ths team isnt a one man gang, There are threats all over the hardwood.

unc had worst shooting night ever - I'm fine giving the defense some credit for that but they missed a ton of layups and open looks too. I'm OK with that though - seems like every time we play them or dook (a lot of teams for that matter) they have their best shooting night against us.

unc had worst shooting night ever - I'm fine giving the defense some credit for that but they missed a ton of layups and open looks too. I'm OK with that though - seems like every time we play them or dook (a lot of teams for that matter) they have their best shooting night against us.

They did miss some layups but early on Jackson and Ward also swatted them several times and I think their players were wary of that later on. Bridges did a good job contesting on a few plays too. Those things happen when you have shot blockers.

And having that kind of rim protection also means we should be able to get up tighter on shooters and affect percentages there too.

All that said, they'd better not count on teams shooting 1 for 18 every time out and they'd better not go around committing 24 turnovers.

That was a defensive clinic, yes UNC didn't shoot well but that was us more than them. Ward was great inside when he had his feet set, even a little better on ball screens, the light might be going on in his head. Winston moved his feet really, really well on berry, there was one late shot situation where he tried to move a few times and had nowhere to go. If we weren't sloppy on offense we would have won by 30 but we really beat them with effort on defense and rebounding.

Credit the 5 minutes we had to play with Tum, Cash, George, Carter, and Schilling/Tillman at the end of the first half. We had half the team in foul trouble and those guys maintained a big lead for 5 crucial minutes.

Great win, find a way to get by a good ND team on Thursday and we might not lose for a long time.

That was a defensive clinic, yes UNC didn't shoot well but that was us more than them. Ward was great inside when he had his feet set, even a little better on ball screens, the light might be going on in his head. Winston moved his feet really, really well on berry, there was one late shot situation where he tried to move a few times and had nowhere to go. If we weren't sloppy on offense we would have won by 30 but we really beat them with effort on defense and rebounding.

Credit the 5 minutes we had to play with Tum, Cash, George, Carter, and Schilling/Tillman at the end of the first half. We had half the team in foul trouble and those guys maintained a big lead for 5 crucial minutes.

Great win, find a way to get by a good ND team on Thursday and we might not lose for a long time.

My one concern going into the season was perimeter defense. Tum and Winston were on Berry like glue, really impressive considering how strong and quick Berry is. Berry is considered the top PG in the country. McQuaid is a decent defender too.

But what really stands out to me is Jackson guarding smaller 4s and some 3s on the perimeter, he uses his length so well and has really intimated guys. Him being able to guard the smaller perimeter oriented 4s that populate Big Ten rosters means we get to play as big as we want and really use our size. Consider this, Jackson at 6-11, 243 lbs with a 7-4 wingspan will be matched up with 6-8 210 lb Duncan Robinson when we play Michigan, LOL. Bridges has also looked better guarding smaller players.

And how about Ben Carter? Kid is a smart basketball player, he gets to the right spots, can rebound and defend, and makes good passes. Very valuable.

We looked like an NBA team size wise out there. North Carolina didn't know what to do against our length.

ND is up to #5, we are #3. Great match up coming up Thursday.

Last edited:
Back