Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

why stock market go down?

So just like Obama shouldn't get credit for a Dow going from 7k to 19k after cleaning up the Gop's mess...Dumpster shouldn't get credit for 19k to 27k after inheriting Obama's success !!!! Ok duly noted. Just remember this .

Last edited:
So just like Obama shouldn't get credit for a Dow going from 7k to 19k after cleaning up the Gop's mess...Dumpster shouldn't get credit for 19k to 27k after inheriting Obama's success !!!! Ok duly noted. Just remember this .

Yes. Obama should get credit.

Every stock market crash is just a correction if you've lived long enough.

Just like every old whore, every old politician and every old ugly building gains respect if they stay around long enough.

I guess we can add every OG rappah to dat list now.

"Yo, yo, Dre, I got sump'n to say...FUCK DA PO-LICE!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Obama should get credit.

Every stock market crash is just a correction if you've lived long enough.

Just like every old whore, every old politician and every old ugly building gains respect if they stay around long enough.

I guess we can add every OG rappah to dat list now.

"Yo, yo, Dre, I got sump'n to say...FUCK DA PO-LICE!"

I didn't know you listened to NWA. You always seemed dismissive of rap/hip-hop in general.

why stupid people make thread about one day in market? Stock market go down 2% first time since Brexit - Trump bad president.

It's kinda funny...right at the Brexit, a couple years ago, you and I had our most heated disagreement on this board...regarding Fariq Zacaria's take on it...

Anyways recently someone just took humbrage that I used the term "libtard" - in the same freaking sentence I had referred to conservatives as "Republitard"-both tongue in cheek of course- and I was like "what? I challenge conservatives on this board every day...!"

It's kinda funny...right at the Brexit, a couple years ago, you and I had our most heated disagreement on this board...regarding Fariq Zacaria's take on it...

Anyways recently someone just took humbrage that I used the term "libtard" - in the same freaking sentence I had referred to conservatives as "Republitard"-both tongue in cheek of course- and I was like "what? I challenge conservatives on this board every day...!"

I thought when you cut rich people's taxes, they completely change their behavior, and go on crazed shopping sprees, immediately buying cars, tons of new clothes, eating out for days on end, and take vacations to exotic places located here in America, thereby generating TONS of profits for American companies, and creating jobs, as those companies rush out to hire more employees to cater to all the rich people as they shop.

So why stock market go down?

I thought when you cut rich people's taxes, they completely change their behavior, and go on crazed shopping sprees, immediately buying cars, tons of new clothes, eating out for days on end, and take vacations to exotic places located here in America, thereby generating TONS of profits for American companies, and creating jobs, as those companies rush out to hire more employees to cater to all the rich people as they shop.

So why stock market go down?

I don't know.

I spent money today. I went out and had pancakes.

I sold a few grand in stocks about a week ago.

The pancakes didn't cost that much though.

Possibly I'll buy more stocks again next week, or sometime soon.

Not so certain about pancakes

remember what? who here is giving Trump credit for the stock mkt performance? Plus, who cites or pays attention to the DOW anymore anyway?

Last edited:
Yeah really who gives a shit. 27000 is what should matter.. I don't care if we credit a fat man in a red suit it's 27000.

yeah, Farid Zacaria is an idiot and what he said about Brexit was patently ridiculous. But I don't recall you and I in a heated disagreement.

yeah, Farid Zacaria is an idiot and what he said about Brexit was patently ridiculous. But I don't recall you and I in a heated disagreement.

It wasn't that heated but it was the most heated we ever had.

It's true, most of my disagreements with both conservatives and liberals are generally pretty polite and respectful.

Although I should probably not use either "Republitard" or "libtard," even together and as an obvious joke.

It wasn't that heated but it was the most heated we ever had.

It's true, most of my disagreements with both conservatives and liberals are generally pretty polite and respectful.

Although I should probably not use either "Republitard" or "libtard," even together and as an obvious joke.

yeah, i've removed libtard from my vocabulary for the most part. I don't like the sound of it and it's insulting and unfairly characterizes the more rational, traditional liberals - not that there are many here other than like Monster and maybe sgg. Now I just use the more polity synonym "leftist" for the whackjobs.

Last edited:
Wage increases matter more to me than the Dow. Regardless of who claims responsibility, I don't see what there is to argue about.

Wage increases matter more to me than the Dow. Regardless of who claims responsibility, I don't see what there is to argue about.

jobs, capacity utilization, GDP, wages, Unemployment, consumer confidence, retail sales - the list of economic indicators more important than the Dow goes on and on.

Also, the Dow itself isn't very useful as a market indicator - it's a dollar weighted index of 30 stocks. The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ composite are much more useful indicators of than the Dow.

Last edited:
Back