Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Steph Curry is not human.

Game 4 - Draymond Green:
37 mins 6 pts (1-7 FG) 6 TO (to 2 asts) -30

Somewhere Rasheed is nodding in approval: "Ball don't lie."

Fuck Draymond Green.

I guess Curry can be human. I can't remember the last time I watched a basketball game but if it was Raptors vs Thunder I will laugh my ass off.

1 Steph
2 Lebron
3 Green
4 Leonard
5 Westbrook

Steph is a shooter/scorer in a way we've simply never seen before. He can't be guarded without completely giving up defending someone else. Lebron is still probably the best all-around player in the league, but his body simply can't do it all the time (must be rested, must be motivated). Green is the best defender in the league - Leonard may be the best one-on-one, but Green impacts the most shots in the most positive way - plus he's got PG handles and vision along with a burgeoning outside shot. Leonard is the best one-on-one defender in the league plus top 10-15 as a scorer (though not a great creator). Westbrook is a mini-Lebron, and if he played better defense he could be the best player in the league.

Next five, unordered:
Durant, CP3, George, Harden, Davis (this was a down year for his terrible teammates, but I won't say he's actually gotten worse)

Draymond third? Wtf kind of stuff are you smoking?

I think to be a Top 10 player and certainly a Top 5 player you have to be able to carry a team. Draymond can't and never will. He's a high quality complementary piece, the last 2 games notwithstanding. If Curry falters on GS it is Thompson who is going to carry them, as he was able to do for awhile last night in the third period, not Green.

I guess Curry can be human. I can't remember the last time I watched a basketball game but if it was Raptors vs Thunder I will laugh my ass off.

That might be one of the lowest rated NBA Finals of all time, I don't have the numbers handy but Spurs/Nets in 2003 and Spurs/Cavaliers in 2007 were the two worst I believe.

Also, I'm getting annoyed with the people calling Draymond overrated and a product of a system. Aren't most players a product of a system? People love Scottie Pippen and apparently consider him one of the greatest 50 players to ever play (which is a load of shit) and he would have done little without Jordan. Of course Draymond will never be the featured guy on a team, but he's a complimentary piece every team would kill for.

I get why people hate him for the kick and don't like his physical style, but to suddenly discredit his entire game is moronic.

Also, I'm getting annoyed with the people calling Draymond overrated and a product of a system. Aren't most players a product of a system? People love Scottie Pippen and apparently consider him one of the greatest 50 players to ever play (which is a load of shit) and he would have done little without Jordan. Of course Draymond will never be the featured guy on a team, but he's a complimentary piece every team would kill for.

I get why people hate him for the kick and don't like his physical style, but to suddenly discredit his entire game is moronic.

All of which is great, but it doesn't make you a Top 10 player in the league. That is a rating reserved for franchise players. And if some are putting him among the top 10 players in the league, then I think ok to ask if maybe that's overrating him.

Really, really good role players tend to be underrated. But eventually everyone catches on to that and then go overboard with it to where it goes too far the other way and they become overrated. I think there's a bit of that here.

Last edited:
That might be one of the lowest rated NBA Finals of all time, I don't have the numbers handy but Spurs/Nets in 2003 and Spurs/Cavaliers in 2007 were the two worst I believe.

That's okay with me. But those Raptor fans and Thunder fans won't mind one bit. I still think the Cavs win this one..

Well so far green hads been lousy thus series .. bUT do had most of the Warriors .

A few things to consider:
1) OKC is an elite team in their own right, right up there with the warriors in terms of offense. What held them back from historical greatness (something they had achieved previously when healthy), was lackadaisical defense. That defense has come alive in the playoffs and it's what has gained the ground needed to beat San Antonio and GS. GS isn't choking, they are playing another great team.

2) Don't confuse scoring a lot of points with carrying a team. Draymond doesn't score a ton, but he coordinates and anchors his team's defense. GS doesn't win 73 games without an elite defense, and Draymond is the primary cause. He has carried that team through slogs when the shots weren't falling. The negative example is Derrick Rose. Rose was never the most valuable player in the league by any measure. His team won the most games on the strength of its defense, and Rose was the worst defender on the team. But because he scored a lot of points, people mistakenly believed he was a franchise player.

3) The very idea that Draymond is nothing but the product of a system is stupid. Tell me what system wouldn't be able to use an All-NBA defender who can pass like a PG and shoot like a SG? He could be a bad offensive player and still be great on his defense alone. He could be a bad defender and still be a super role player on offense.

4) Draymond is having a poor series, but that takes nothing away from the other 90 games where he was awesome.

5) It really bothers me when people make sweeping, inaccurate statements to justify a belief. What does a player have to do to be among the top 10? What player can actually carry a team single handedly in the West? The answer is nobody. Does that mean nobody in the West is top 10, or should we consider that the best teams need multiple players at the top of the game to be great? KD and Westbrook have both failed to carry the team on their own, does that mean they should be out of consideration too?

Last edited:
Back