Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Catholic church asks for forgiveness for its own sins

Michchamp

The archdiocese of Metro Detroit is holding a "forgiveness mass" to ask their god to forgive their sins, including their history of racism, child abuse, and being shitty and worthless in general.

I guess that's better than being all arrogant and claiming infallibility like they usually do. Still falls short of actually making amends, but whatever. also maybe would be more convincing if they didn't publicize it by contacting the press first to let them know. Back in Catholic school, they taught us that the Christian god favors the truly pious, not the ones who do things for show.

further quote from the long, boring article:

We may not have personally participated in this sinful behavior; but, like Christ, we take on the sins of the community simply because we are part of the community,"

whoa, really? sucks to be part of that community. it's like being a penn state fan! glad everyone knows I'm not part of it anymore.

phew!

Maybe you should go. ^^^^

Why? I haven't done anything wrong.

and if I did, I'd make it for it by apologizing to the person I wronged, not by praying to a man in teh sky.

Why? I haven't done anything wrong.

Really? You must be the only adult alive who hasn't. You should go.

and if I did, I'd make it for it by apologizing to the person I wronged, not by praying to a man in teh sky.

Were that the nature of God, I would agree.

Back