Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Marlins ace Fernandez killed

Man so tragic. RIP to all three who lost there life on the boat. So freaking sad.

Last edited:
wow, that is tragic. sad day for baseball the marlins and the Fernandez Family. puts things in perspective, can happen to anyone at anytime. enjoy each day as if our last.

Sad day for baseball. Jose Fernandez was a great young pitcher.
Very tragic for his family. A very devoted son and grandson , God give his mom and grandma the strength to someday get through this. rip.

very sad but you have to use your head. Going a high rate of speed in the middle of the night?

I know that already , but you cant just say something nice or sincere . You gotta write some smart ass remark like you always do . So again go fuck yourself

the thing is...I was dead on when I wrote the comment about using your head. The good friend of one of the guys that died on the boat pleaded with his friend to talk Fernandez out of going out there because it was dangerous.

Here is a quote from one of his team mates who decided not to go out on the boat after the bar.

"It was a bad decision for him," Ozuna, perhaps Fernandez's closest friend on the team, said. "He heard everybody say, 'No, go back to your house and take it easy.' Then you wake up and see the news.''

Like I said...very sad but people have to think before they do stupid things. Tragedies like this could easily be avoided.

Last edited:
A friend of one of the victims said he warned him against the post-midnight trip, and Marlins center fielder Marcell Ozuna said he and at least two other teammates turned down invitations to go and tried to discourage Fernandez from going out.

It was a bad decision for him," Ozuna, perhaps Fernandez's closest friend on the team, said. "He heard everybody say, 'No, go back to your house and take it easy.' Then you wake up and see the news.''

Ozuna said all of the players knew Fernandez planned to go out on the boat that night.

"Everybody knew he was crazy about that boat and loved being out on the water," Ozuna said Monday, as quoted in The Miami Herald. "I told him I couldn't go out that night because I had the kids and my wife waiting for me."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ed-concerns-late-night-boating-jose-fernandez

Last edited:
Back