Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

With the 21st pick the Lions Select

Who do you want us to take at 21?

• Total voters

mhughes0021

Who do you want to see in Blue?

Notes:
Taco rumored to be liked by several top 10 teams
Obi strongly connected to lions.

IMO derrick Barnett would be our best case scenrio....i didnt include him on here because he should go before our pick. But if he slides hed probably be the best value of position of need and BPA.

Last edited:
Out of that group? Reddick. No way on Earth he's there though.....not a chance in hell.

Draft kind of snuck up on me this season. Or is it sneaked? Anyway, less than 3 weeks.

I voted Tre'Davious White, but I don't think he's actually a reach at that spot. Ideally we'd land someone falling, though, like Reuben Foster or Derek Barnett.

Reddick, Charlton if hes there though. This is a very deep defensive draft so I wouldnt mind trading down and we could be in a great spot to do it. There we will be teams looking to trade back into the first rd and get a QB.

Peppers or Adoree Jackson. This team needs playmakers on Defense.

Reddick, Charlton if hes there though. This is a very deep defensive draft so I wouldnt mind trading down and we could be in a great spot to do it. There we will be teams looking to trade back into the first rd and get a QB.

This, trade down would be my favorite move.

Peppers or Adoree Jackson. This team needs playmakers on Defense.

I really like that Jackson kid. He's raw and could eventually be that 1b opposite Slay. Playmaker too.
One question though. How is Peppers a playmaker? What did he do in college besides being a very good PR man? I'm not bashing on the kid but we all need to stop calling this kid a playmaker...

We wont draft Peppers. As much as I like him and I think in time he will be a good player he isnt a need or a fit at this point.

I really like that Jackson kid. He's raw and could eventually be that 1b opposite Slay. Playmaker too.
One question though. How is Peppers a playmaker? What did he do in college besides being a very good PR man? I'm not bashing on the kid but we all need to stop calling this kid a playmaker...

Exactly. 1 INT in 3 years and that was a tipped pass that deflected into his area against OSU. Pull up any highlight package of him and it's all PR/KR and offensive plays. Very VERY few highlights of him making plays in pass defense. Solid in run support at the college level.....but way too small to to be that physical against NFL RB's.

Amazing athlete that happens to play football. He reminds me of Boss Bailey. I believe Peppers future in the NFL will be more special teams standout than any kind of defensive standout.

Peppers is nowhere close to a playmaker.....at least defensively.

Exactly. 1 INT in 3 years and that was a tipped pass that deflected into his area against OSU. Pull up any highlight package of him and it's all PR/KR and offensive plays. Very VERY few highlights of him making plays in pass defense. Solid in run support at the college level.....but way too small to to be that physical against NFL RB's.

Amazing athlete that happens to play football. He reminds me of Boss Bailey. I believe Peppers future in the NFL will be more special teams standout than any kind of defensive standout.

Peppers is nowhere close to a playmaker.....at least defensively.

Hes athletic enough to be a coverage LB on 3rd down or an in box safety. Weve had don fucking carey on the field the last 4 years.....some of that in a starting role. You guys gotta stop with the "peppers cant play in the nfl" stuff. Im not that huge of a fan honestly....but tavon wilson is a joke. Who the hell do we even have behind him? No idea. Things would have to go crazy bad in rd 1 for me to justify taking him. Like Taco, Reddick, all of the top 5 corners gone, mckinley, harris...gone. Id even take Obi at safety before him. But hes head over heals better than tavon wilson....and keep in mind....Quin loves versatile players that fill multiple roles. RB, WR, PR, KR, S, LB....hes just about as versatile as it gets.

Last edited:
Hes athletic enough to be a coverage LB on 3rd down or an in box safety. Weve had don fucking carey on the field the last 4 years.....some of that in a starting role. You guys gotta stop with the "peppers cant play in the nfl" stuff. Im not that huge of a fan honestly....but tavon wilson is a joke. Who the hell do we even have behind him? No idea. Things would have to go crazy bad in rd 1 for me to justify taking him. Like Taco, Reddick, all of the top 5 corners gone, mckinley, harris...gone. Id even take Obi at safety before him. But hes head over heals better than tavon wilson....and keep in mind....Quin loves versatile players that fill multiple roles. RB, WR, PR, KR, S, LB....hes just about as versatile as it gets.

Whoa there fussy britches......NOBODY said Peppers can't play in the NFL or anything close to that. This thread is about who do we want to see taken at 21.....and one of the options that you gave us is Jabrill Peppers.

My point was pretty simple.....you don't take sub package players in the 1st round. To me, Peppers is just that. A dime LB or S. He'll be a great PR/KR from day one. I just don't see him being a full time defensive starter in the NFL. If he is.....it's highly unlikely that he'll handle return duties, though.....which negates his biggest asset.

I just don't see a guy who struggled as a college DB having success at it at the NFL level. However if he were to don the Honolulu Blue.....I'd root like hell for him!

Also, how do you have "no idea" that Miles Killebrew is behind Wilson??

Last edited:
Whoa there fussy britches......NOBODY said Peppers can't play in the NFL or anything close to that. This thread is about who do we want to see taken at 21.....and one of the options that you gave us is Jabrill Peppers.

My point was pretty simple.....you don't take sub package players in the 1st round. To me, Peppers is just that. A dime LB or S. He'll be a great PR/KR from day one. I just don't see him being a full time defensive starter in the NFL. If he is.....it's highly unlikely that he'll handle return duties, though.....which negates his biggest asset.

I just don't see a guy who struggled as a college DB having success at it at the NFL level. However if he were to don the Honolulu Blue.....I'd root like hell for him!

Also, how do you have "no idea" that Miles Killebrew is behind Wilson??

Like peppers i still don't know if killebrew is a safety or lb. Or just someone that comes in once a quarter too cover a te on 3rd down.

Admitadly, I didn't watch a whole lot of full Michigan football games. Just remember seeing seeing and hearing his name all over ESPN and in heisman discussions. Figured you gotta be a playmaker playing safety and getting the buzz he received.

Now Adoree, I know he can play. He's a ball hawk/playmaker! I want playmakers on this team!

Admitadly, I didn't watch a whole lot of full Michigan football games. Just remember seeing seeing and hearing his name all over ESPN and in heisman discussions. Figured you gotta be a playmaker playing safety and getting the buzz he received.

Now Adoree, I know he can play. He's a ball hawk/playmaker! I want playmakers on this team!

I think the way Peppers was used at UM actually hurt his development and his draft stock.

Back