Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spring Game on BTN (tape delay) thread

He's right. Speight is the best QB on the team at eluding defenders.

I got his point.

I took the kids to the game for their first experience at the Big House. Peters looks like the best QB by a wide margin. Higdon is the most underrated player on the team. Kemp is going to be nasty, so is Hudson and Bush. Announced attendance was 67k and change. Not sure how they judged it because the entry had nothing except people watching for bags etc. The sidelines were full, endzones not so much. 75-85 degrees, not a drop of rain and a gorgeous day to be at the game.

This

Let Peters be the man. By seasons end we are prime for another run at the playoffs.
Luck was the same thing at Stanford. Jim struggled with making him the starter over the more experienced QB. It was clear Luck had more physical talent, but he'd have to live with the young guy mistakes. Stanford hit a new high when Jim rolled with those odds.

No reason UM needs to keep going with a QB that's going to be serviceable at best.

I'm hammered so hopefully this makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So from this thread I am glad I missed it. Does Wilton even look like he is in shape at least ?

He's right. Speight is the best QB on the team at eluding defenders.

I got his point.

As far as his slick little side step to avoid defenders, its a nice gift. But actually breaking the pocket and getting the fuck away from people, I'll take Peters everytime. He has great speed for a qb.

Last edited:
Peters hasn't played a down of college football.

I know enough at this point to say Speight is better in the pocket and eluding defenders. That's more important than what Peters/O'Korn can do from the QB position, straight line speed.

No, I did not go

I watched the tape delay, though. Have to echo most of the comments here. Speight looked like total garbage. Peters looked good. I want Peters!!

RB position looked deep and talented. Going to be an interesting year there.

A lot of people saw the field today that won't see the field this fall. Saw some names that I've never heard of, which is odd. Usually I've heard of everyone.

Still an entertaining day. Looked like great weather, which happens when you hold the spring game 2 weeks later than usual. Great turnout for the game.

Yes I know you didn't go - you announced that a few times - I was goofing on you.

I did meet up with Courtney Cox in Calabasas though - much better than watching Wil Speight look like shit at the spring game.

Before I met up with Courtney, I was talking to a pretty lady kind of around my own age who had an Interlocken shirt on.

Turns out she grew up just outside of Detroit and actually was a music major at Michigan in playing the piano and I also studied turns out she grew up just outside of Detroit and actually was a music major at Michigan in playing the piano and I also studied voice performance there. Turns out we know a number of the same people.

She dug it when I told her I played Little League football against John and Jim Harbaugh.

So from this thread I am glad I missed it. Does Wilton even look like he is in shape at least ?

OH i'd say you should catch the replay on BTN. It was worth a watch. I thought it was very entertaining.

Wilton does look like he is in good shape.

They announced some weird exact number of attendance on the tape delay of 54,718 or something like that...very exact, when I know that they don't count the number of people that attend. Like said above, you just walk on through while people look for contraband. Kind of dumb that they would even bother to estimate.

They announced some weird exact number of attendance on the tape delay of 54,718 or something like that...very exact, when I know that they don't count the number of people that attend. Like said above, you just walk on through while people look for contraband. Kind of dumb that they would even bother to estimate.

What's off to me is that they've announced similar "estimates" for games in far worse weather with obviously less people. It was either the first year of Harbaugh or the last year of Hoke and they announced something in the 50's. No way it was anywhere near what it was yesterday. I was sitting in the corner and it was packed with people. Hell, I showed up two hours before the game and couldn't park in any of the normal blue lots around the stadium because they were full. I'd guess it would be more around 65,000-70,000.

OH i'd say you should catch the replay on BTN. It was worth a watch. I thought it was very entertaining.

Wilton does look like he is in good shape.

Ok i set the dvr so I can watch it later thanks !!!!?

I really enjoyed all of the interviews with coaches and former players and the in-depth analysis of Marcus Ray in the booth. You just don't get that without watching the show on BTN.

I think I'll always record it, even if I go back again.

Some people were banged up before and after the game. Here is a list:

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/O...-Game-52329675

Nate Perry didn't play, as expected due to his sexual assault charge.

JBB isn't mentioned. Don't know why. He didn't play in the spring game.

Harbaugh said no one was seriously injured in the spring game. Runyan had to leave, but walked off. McDoom had to leave and was helped off. Supposedly, some saw him walking around after the game. Hope so.

(meant to put this here.)

My take on the game...

- Wilton looked like shit. Iowa game shit.

- OL was hit or miss, but the DL and blitzers looked really solid.

- The young secondary played as well as we could expect. There will be growing pains.

- LBs looked great. All of them. Bush looks to be the real deal.

- kinnel and Hudson are going to be collecting the heads of their dead victims. Probably lucky it was a spring game or Okorn might be speaking out of his asshole after that goal line hit. Hudson hit him hard, but held back at the last moment. Kinnel had a big hit early, but it seems like coaches got on him because he held back on every other tackle. His body language looked like he still wanted to hurt someone.

- The WRs look like they're going to be stars. Black played really well. At this point, raw ability is helping them, but at some point, game experience will catch up and they'll flourish.

- The backs...Isaac looked faster. Evans didn't play enough. Higdon looks about the same. I like the way Walker runs. RB by committee again, folks. Ugh.

- really enjoyed watching Carlo Kemp and Gary. I wouldn't be shocked if Kemp has the best year of all DL not named Gary or Hurst and he's just a backup.

- As I said, Wilton sucked. Okorn looked better and I might even argue was better than peters.

- WHY IN THE FUCK DO WE STILL SUB OUR QB FOR THE BACKUP ONLY TO HAVE THEM DO A READ OPTION RUN PLAY? OKORN ISNT FAST ENOUGH FOR A DEFENSE TO FALL FOR THAT!

- And while we are at it, kill the wildcat. It's dumb.

- The freshmen and sophomores did not disappoint. The future is bright.

Back