Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Drummond

bump ....haha it was another year of frustration . Oh well , guess we just have to hope and pray Drummond can somehow find "it" . He needs a good talking too by Big Ben

What happened to the guys defense? He use to be a beast blocking shots. Now I see no low post D from him what so ever and he's just not dominate like he should be. Trade him for a top 15 first rounder this year and I'd be happy.

So, I agree with moving on from him, but I'm not down on him as a player. As I've said before, this team has been put together with a painful lack of awareness about the league. We have one of the worst payrolls in the league given how entirely mediocre the team is. We've built a team that can't create shots and can't shoot even when they find open shots.

Moving Drummond isn't about him being a bad player, because I don't think he is. Being a truly elite rebounder has value, and he's at least shown the ability to defend (perhaps another coach could actually bring that out). If he wasn't such a train wreck from the free throw line, and scared to death of being fouled, I'm sure his offense would start making big strides as well. But he's just not going to figure that out here if he hasn't after all these years.

My favorite idea/hope is for Boston to fall out of the top 3. Boston nearly lost to Chicago because of their rebounding issues. Their big loss to the Wizard, unsurprisingly, came with a big deficit on the boards. Drummond would solve a big problem for Boston, and is certainly much more ready to contribute now than a rookie - keep in mind their best players are 27, 28, and 31 next year; they don't necessarily have a three year window to wait for that pick to make a leap. So that allows Boston to swap the 4th pick for Drummond (technically they could do this straight up if the salary cap comes in around projections, but it wouldn't hurt to take back Tyler Zeller to make the cap easier on them).

With the 4th pick we could take someone who fits a whole lot better and who still has some potential (unlike Stanley it would seem).

So, I agree with moving on from him, but I'm not down on him as a player. As I've said before, this team has been put together with a painful lack of awareness about the league. We have one of the worst payrolls in the league given how entirely mediocre the team is. We've built a team that can't create shots and can't shoot even when they find open shots.

Moving Drummond isn't about him being a bad player, because I don't think he is. Being a truly elite rebounder has value, and he's at least shown the ability to defend (perhaps another coach could actually bring that out). If he wasn't such a train wreck from the free throw line, and scared to death of being fouled, I'm sure his offense would start making big strides as well. But he's just not going to figure that out here if he hasn't after all these years.

My favorite idea/hope is for Boston to fall out of the top 3. Boston nearly lost to Chicago because of their rebounding issues. Their big loss to the Wizard, unsurprisingly, came with a big deficit on the boards. Drummond would solve a big problem for Boston, and is certainly much more ready to contribute now than a rookie - keep in mind their best players are 27, 28, and 31 next year; they don't necessarily have a three year window to wait for that pick to make a leap. So that allows Boston to swap the 4th pick for Drummond (technically they could do this straight up if the salary cap comes in around projections, but it wouldn't hurt to take back Tyler Zeller to make the cap easier on them).

With the 4th pick we could take someone who fits a whole lot better and who still has some potential (unlike Stanley it would seem).

Danny Ainge isn't stupid...he wouldn't make that trade.

Danny Ainge isn't stupid...he wouldn't make that trade.

I don't think it's a bad trade. The drop off in talent from 3 to 4 is huge, and suddenly the Celtics are looking at another guess like Jaylen Brown - who lived down to his advanced stats and can't be trusted at all in the playoffs. The Celtics team is not as young as they are made out to be, their window is very much the next three years, and even great players tend to take a while to breakout. I'm only suggesting this trade if the Celtics drop out if the top three. If they can land one of the top pgs or jackson, that's a different story and they should just keep the pick.

The fact is, Drummond fills a sizable hole for them and they don't need much offense out of him. Stevens also seems to be a much more creative coach, and could expect more from Drummond than what we've seen. It's not a slam dunk fit either side, but really it would be Detroit taking on most of the risk (so far, SVG hasn't drafted a single nba-caliber player).

Drummond's problems are all solved.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors...dre-drummond-to-work-on-his-game-in-offseason

Detroit Pistons starting center Andre Drummond has been dealing with a breathing issue in his left nostril since the 2012-13 season and recently had surgery to fix the problem.

Rumor Central"Obviously, you need both nostrils to play but I'm hardheaded so I didn't want to do it at the time," Drummond told MLive.com. "I didn't feel like it was the right time to do it so I just figured a different way until I got a chance to do it so that's how I played for four years. I made it work.

"I didn't do that bad. I still was an All-Star, I still was All-NBA, I still made certain things work but this season was probably my toughest breathing year for me."

fix that nose and he will become a good offensive player and good free throw shooter

Yeah, that's ridiculous. If I started having breathing problems in 2012, I'd be in the office the next freaking day getting that surgery.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. If I started having breathing problems in 2012, I'd be in the office the next freaking day getting that surgery.

to be fair, he only has 4-5 months off to get something like that taken care of. I'm sure it would be more convenient for you.

It seems like an incredibly important part of life. If it was impacting him that bad, he'd have to take time off to get it fixed.

To be fair, I can't imagine this was really affecting him all that much. Basketball is an aerobic sport, and if he was struggling to breath every time he got worked up, we probably would have been able to see it in games. Also, it's not like his throat was constricted, so he could breathe fine through his mouth. I've known more than one marathon runner who ran the whole way with a blocked nasal passage (she actually ended up having surgery too, but I don't know if they were the same thing).

Unless this fixes his free throws, it's not news.

I'd hit up Boston for their 1st, brown, and smart. maybe even the nets first for next year. Send Harris and Drummond.

You think that would get ALL that??

If you want a #1 overall pick, you'll have to give them Drummond, Harris, maybe another player, and probably 2 consecutive first round picks.

Boston would be smart to grab Butler. Chicago would be equally smart to stop treading water with a player who's too good to let them tank.

There's just no way Drummond is worth the #1 pick. I've always proposed that he'd be worth the 4th pick, which still seems reasonable but Phoenix doesn't need Drummond. Centers who can't shoot (much less hit a free throw) need a very specific team around them to succeed. Anyone trading a high pick for Drummond would need to already have most of that team in place - or at the very least an enormous hole at C.

The Kings (5) might bite, but they probably want to see what they have in Cauley-Stein. The only other team that would even consider taking Drummond is the Knicks (8). But at that point, we'd just be picking the same spot we've been failing the last few years.

Kings reportedly dangling WCS and the 5th overall pick in exchange for Drummond, I would do that in a second. Some other variations of the trade are also rumored, if you can get a top 5 pick and a decent big man for Drummond you do it.

I would get rid of Drummond for a bag of balls at this point.

Anything more would be icing on the cake.

I would get rid of Drummond for a bag of balls at this point.

Anything more would be icing on the cake.

I'd take whatever they are offering too. At worst it's the 10th pick and a throw in player. At best I have heard Willie Cauly/Stein, the 5th pick, and the 10th pick for Drummond and the 12th pick. We could get a decent center who is a plus defender and then draft Smith Jr at PG and maybe someone like Donovan Mitchell the 2 guard fro L'Ville or Zach Collins, Center from Gonzaga. Could really remake our team, especially defensively.

Back