Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Baseball Updates

Baseball team beat Msu today 12-4 . Improve to 30-7, and 7-3.

Gophers keep blasting teams and improved to 13-1. Michigan is 12-2.
Standings
http://www.bigten.org/library/stats/soft-standings.html

Gophers have 3 with Iowa , 3 Purdue , and 3 at Penn St, and with 2 north Dakota st.
Michigan has 3 at Wisconsin, 3 indana, and 3 at Rutgers, and 1 with wmu.

Looks like michigan's 9 season in a row at winning the regular season title may come to a end. Hopefully we will play our best in the BTT and ncaa tournament.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Wolverines_softball

Last edited:
Neither team is on regular TV - including the BTN - that much for the rest of the regular season.

Girls hitting woes continue. Lost 1-0 in opener at Wisconsin in freaking 11 innings. Than will just about wrap up regular season title now for Minnesota in my opinion. Team drops to third place now at 12-3 in big ten.

Last edited:
Wtf boys drop opener at home to Indiana 1-0. Now 30-8 and 6-4..dang it all.

Last weekend was a bad weekend . Girls went 2-1 but needed a sweep to keep pace with Minnesota for regular season title. Boys went 1-2 and while they have the most wins in the big ten overall 31-9 but 7-5 in big ten.

Rankings

Baseball team fell from 13 to 17. Maryland is now ranked 22nd.
Softball team is still ranked 19th. Minnesota is ranked 4th.

Last edited:
The girls didnt just sweep Rutgers they annihilated them by a combined score of 45-2 with a no hitter on Sunday

Part of the game yesterday was on TV and I was shocked at how sad Rutgers facilities looked on TV. It looked like a high school field. One set of small regular bleachers and their seating in the outfield is just a grass covered hill that people had to sit on the ground or a blanket if they had one. Makes me appreciate Alumni Field that much more!

My daughter and I are going to the B10 tourney on Friday for the quarterfinals

Hutch had delta issues today

Her tweet

@Delta Another trip, another delay! @umichsoftball can always choose a different airline!!!!!!

This was in reply to a delta tweet. Delta replied: Hello, Carol. Very sorry for the delay! If you need any help, let us know. *RD

Her response. Like 2 hours later. I asked for help and we got delayed AGAIN!!

Last edited:
Hutch had delta issues today

Her tweet

@Delta Another trip, another delay! @umichsoftball can always choose a different airline!!!!!!

This was in reply to a delta tweet. Delta replied: Hello, Carol. Very sorry for the delay! If you need any help, let us know. *RD

Her response. Like 2 hours later. I asked for help and we got delayed AGAIN!!

As I said on Twitter she is one coach I wouldnt want mad at me. Her former players still shudder and what they call the Hutch stare

Just a reminder for those who care… Softball takes on MSU in the quarterfinal of the B1G tournament at 4:30 PM Eastern.

Live coverage on the Big Ten network.

Losing as the lack of hitting has appeared again. Losing 2-0 top of the third .

Last edited:
Back