Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Baseballs final four

Damn it dodgers won a snooze fest 1-0 to tie the series
1-1.

Same for me, if the Tigers can't have it I don't want all the others in the div to have it..bad enough the the royals getting one again first now if Cleveland does to, I don't think I could take it. I'm pulling for the cubs, let's move the lions into the top longest sports title drought spot!

http://www.theonion.com/infographic/longest-championship-droughts-sports-history-54181

Since its the Onion, I will give them a pass, but the article left out some other notable pro-sports franchise failures with futility-marred legacies.

Greater Shitcago: Although their NBA Bulls were a mid-90s MJ-fueled dynasty, and their NHL Blackhawks, an Original Six franchise which has won only 6 Stanley Cups, half of them in the past 6 years, and prior to that, had won only one (1961) in 70 years, the shitty has had little to brag about. It has had 2 MLB franchises, for MUCH longer than NY & LA, but both combined have won just ONE WS in 206 seasons. Even IF the Cubbies were to win the WS this year, they and the White Sox averaging ONE apiece per century, is laughably and absolutely pathetic!! Even their so-called "storied" NFL franchise in Da Bearz, is merely 1-1 in just 2 SB appearances...not exactly being wildly successful.

Dallass: the alleged home of "Murka's Team" being the NFL Cowboys. (or just "the Boys" to their shit-kicker fanbase) which hasn't been "all that" since the turn of the century. Their rookie QB, RB, and team are looking like they are for reals this season, though. Yeah...I am getting jealous. Their 55 year old MLB franchise in the AL rump-Rangers are 0-2 in WS appeances, Their newer 36 year old NBA franchise has been a bit more successful, having won a championship in 2 NBA finals appearances. and their more recently acquired 23 year old NHL franchise in the Stars, have also won a Stanley Cup in 2 finais appearances'

Last edited:
That's a really shit 4 to try to root for.. Probably the BJ's by default. Though most likely Indians vs Cubs..

That was a snooze fest? I thought it was riveting.

agree 100%, excellent baseball game. Loved the DP turned by Baez, pitching out of jams, etc. The best part is that it allows you to get to bed at a reasonable hour

agree 100%, excellent baseball game. Loved the DP turned by Baez, pitching out of jams, etc. The best part is that it allows you to get to bed at a reasonable hour

An INF fly call would not have been an incorrect call there. Surprised that Roberts did not argue it.

An INF fly call would not have been an incorrect call there. Surprised that Roberts did not argue it.

I don't know the letter of the law but it was a lot more of a looping liner than a fly ball.

I don't know the letter of the law but it was a lot more of a looping liner than a fly ball.

The main thing to consider is if Baez could have caught the ball with "ordinary effort." I think he could have. It really was not a true line drive and Baez obviously let it hit the ground. Borderline, to be certain, but I'd have voiced my opinion about calling the INF rule there, and lost, but I'd have pointed out that it was a valid call to make.

The main thing to consider is if Baez could have caught the ball with "ordinary effort." I think he could have. It really was not a true line drive and Baez obviously let it hit the ground. Borderline, to be certain, but I'd have voiced my opinion about calling the INF rule there, and lost, but I'd have pointed out that it was a valid call to make.

I agree it's worth arguing even though you'd lose, it would increase your chances of getting the next call.

-Only time I'd ever root for Cubs is if they were playing the Yankees in the WS. That's how much I hate them.
-Despise the Indians and do not want the Tigers to have the longest drought in the division

Unless you're a Cards fan, how does one hate the Cubs? And how does anyone despise the Indians?

I get hating the Yankees and Red Sox. I get Cards fans hating the Cubs and Cubs fans hating the Cards. I get Giants fans hating the Dodgers and the reverse.

I don't get anyone hating the Tribe, or the Tigers for that matter. Some franchises are not worth hating.

Unless you're a Cards fan, how does one hate the Cubs? And how does anyone despise the Indians?

I get hating the Yankees and Red Sox. I get Cards fans hating the Cubs and Cubs fans hating the Cards. I get Giants fans hating the Dodgers and the reverse.

I don't get anyone hating the Tribe, or the Tigers for that matter. Some franchises are not worth hating.

I just dislike Cleveland sports in general. Especially the Indians, great team the past 5 years and they are 2nd to last in the league in attendance every year, it's pathetic, their fans don't deserve a title.

I just dislike Cleveland sports in general. Especially the Indians, great team the past 5 years and they are 2nd to last in the league in attendance every year, it's pathetic, their fans don't deserve a title.

Cleveland sports fans have put up with a shit ton over the decades. I'm a bandwagon Tribe fan and will admit it. The guys you watch playing in front of a full house next week will be playing in pinstripes within the next two to three years and we'll be losers again. It's just the way it is and so I respectfully disagree. We sure as hell do deserve a title. So too, of course, do Cubs fans.

Edit: Deserve is a crummy word. Nobody deserves anything. Tribe fans, however, and Cleveland fans in general have surely paid our dues.

Last edited:
Back