Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cubs verses Indians 2016 World Series

Third time in as many decades, that an Indians team choked away a 3-1 postseason series lead (Marlins-BoSox-Cubs) and as humiliating as it was to see the Tigers go 1-4, 2-4, 0-4, 2-4, and 0-3 in postseason-ending play over the past decade, that must really sting for Tribe fans, who apparently have become as cynical as Lions fans. Seemed like Progressive Field was half-full of Cubs fans last night, they were very noticeably loud...lolz.

But I just watched the 8th inning on of only Game 7, since I really don't give a shit about any MLB team except the Tigers. The NBA, NHL, MLB, and NCAA have gone Pay TV since the 90s, so I have become faar more indifferent to them, other than following each peripherally by scoreboard/stats/rankings/standings.

Last edited:
every move these two "genius" managers did seemed to backfire. Indians fans should blame Francona like Tigers fans do our managers when the Tigers lose.

Third time in as many decades, that an Indians team choked away a 3-1 postseason series lead (Marlins-BoSox-Cubs) and as humiliating as it was to see the Tigers go 1-4, 2-4, 0-4, 2-4, and 0-3 in postseason-ending play over the past decade, that must really sting for Tribe fans, who apparently have become as cynical as Lions fans. Seemed like Progressive Field was half-full of Cubs fans last night, they were very noticeably loud...lolz.

But I just watched the 8th inning on of only Game 7, since I really don't give a shit about any MLB team except the Tigers. The NBA, NHL, MLB, and NCAA have gone Pay TV since the 90s, so I have become faar more indifferent to them, other than following each peripherally by scoreboard/stats/rankings/standings.

I don't believe that 1997 Indians team led 3-1 against the Marlins

I'm hearing last nights game being described as "one of the greatest game sevens of all time."

In a historical context, I don't see how last night's game can possibly be viewed as anything other than the singular greatest game sevens of all time.

I'm hearing last nights game being described as "one of the greatest game sevens of all time."

In a historical context, I don't see how last night's game can possibly be viewed as anything other than the singular greatest game sevens of all time.

I'd lobby for these as well: 1946, 1955, 1960, 1962, 1991, 2001 and 2014. Somehow it's not so significant to me that the Indians and Cubs were the opponents.

It's a little ironic that the World Series happened this year right around the time of Halloween.

Does anybody else think besides me that maybe that was a way that all the departed Cubs fans buried around Chicago could rise out of their graves and celebrate this World Series win together?

Uh, ever since the expanded playoffs the WS is around Halloween, so I don't think it's ironic. But hey, curses are curses and 108 years is a long friggin' time, so who knows, maybe half those crazies celebrating in Wrigleyville last night were indeed zombies. And while they are up from the grave, since it's Chicago and all, why not vote while you're at it? :)

An AL Central Team has been in the World Series 4 of the last 5 years and only KCR won (last year). DET lost in 2006 and CHW won in 2005

CLE lost in 1995 and 1997

In the last 22 World Series (since AL Central began), AL Central Teams have been in the World Series 8 times and won just twice. That is not a good success rate.

Back