Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Off Season Thread

The first two paragraphs say it all, translation i'm outta here man.

IMO 99.99% chance he won't be back.

He is under contract for 2017. Spring and summer is time for extension talk. Not during the season

Stop being dumb

He is under contract for 2017. Spring and summer is time for extension talk. Not during the season

Stop being dumb

oh sorry.. good at least he'll be back for next year then, that's good. very good.

are you guys confusing 2 different players?

Warford definitely is NOT under contract and wants to hit the open market....as would anyone his age.

Stafford has 1 more year left.

Talking about Stafford per Mitch's comment

Warford will hit free agency but lions have room to bring him back. Depends on the market for him. Lots of free agent guards though too. Zeitler, Lang, warmack, Leary, joeckel and warford. Keeps his price down

Worst case scenario laken at right guard and Glasgow at left guard with Dahl competing. Well unless Swanson brain doesn't work.

Last edited:
Damit LKP ya got me all confused original 99.99% stands, bad that's bad!

Talking about Stafford per Mitch's comment

Warford will hit free agency but lions have room to bring him back. Depends on the market for him. Lots of free agent guards though too. Zeitler, Lang, warmack, Leary, joeckel and warford. Keeps his price down

Worst case scenario laken at right guard and Glasgow at left guard with Dahl competing. Well unless Swanson brain doesn't work.

You sign him now. Once the season starts they usually don't negotiate. After the season's he's a FA. Too late.

I'm no fortune teller but I'm concerned with the Lions being the NFC version of the Colts. Dumping a crazy amount of money into a QB that can't carry a team devoid of talent and not having the financial capability of bringing in said talent. Quinn will need to have some really spectacular drafts (1 for 1 so far).

And for what it's worth, I don't think they have a choice but to resign Stafford for a record amount. There is no better option for them right now. Just concerned with what it will mean over the next 5 years.

Draft Ben Boulware this dude is all over the place !!

Last edited:
BTW i think Whitehead is great , but we used him wrong ....levy , whitehead and Boulware we be rolling !!

I'm no fortune teller but I'm concerned with the Lions being the NFC version of the Colts. Dumping a crazy amount of money into a QB that can't carry a team devoid of talent and not having the financial capability of bringing in said talent. Quinn will need to have some really spectacular drafts (1 for 1 so far).

And for what it's worth, I don't think they have a choice but to resign Stafford for a record amount. There is no better option for them right now. Just concerned with what it will mean over the next 5 years.

Scary. We're completely lacking talent and still need to pay our qb a record contract.

Me too. But I mention it and suddenly I hate Matt and I'm not a fan. I suppose he won't go for a home town discount..

Scary. We're completely lacking talent and still need to pay our qb a record contract.

Paying Stafford will make little to no difference in our cap situation over the next 3 or so years......and by the time it does the cap will have risen enough that it wont matter.

The way this team was smashed by Seattle, Dallas, and controlled by NY and GB shows that this "loaded with talent" narrative needs to stop.

They have a LONG way to go before they are up there with the consistent great teams of the NFL.

There's no way to watch the last few weeks of this season and draw up any other conclusion.

Last edited:

Look at the QB cap hits for the better teams in the league. You can pay your QB and still have a Super Bowl team. Staffords new contract will put him around 12th-18th for the first two years......then spike after that. Same as Brady, Ben, Rodgers, Wilson......

Shit, Dallas has Romo with a $20M+ cap hit and he is their backup!!

The way this team was smashed by Seattle, Dallas, and controlled by NY and GB shows that this "loaded with talent" narrative needs to stop.

They have a LONG way to go before they are up their with the consistent great teams of the NFL.

There's no way to watch the last few weeks of this season and draw up any other conclusion.

Yeah....if we're so LOADED with talent than our ENTIRE coaching staff needs to go because we are MASSIVELY underachieving.

Or maybe, just maybe, we have considerably less talent that someone here thinks we have and we needs upgrades almost across the board???

One or the other.

I think it's a combo meal.

The coaching leaves a lot to be desired. We all put Jim Bob on a massive pedestal, but he's looking less capable by the day. Not to say he's a bad OC, but I was very uninspired by the play calling for the majority of the year.

And the talent needs two years of full, solid drafts before they will start competing with the best of the best.

If we played those teams with Abdullah, Riddick, Swanson and Reiff it might be a different story. If Tate, Ebron, Boldin and Jones each made one better play (ie not drop the ball), the playoff game is a different story

The talent is there. They underachieved a little bit but had all their games against playoffs teams on the road except one. They are adding talent this offseason regardless

No, it's not a different story. Those few drops would not have made up for the complete and total domination that their offensive line (which is supposed to be bad by the way) against our defense.

The talent is not there. They have a LONG way to go before competing with the best.

If, if, if, if. I've been hearing that as a Lions fan for 31 years. No more ifs. Just do it.

Back