Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Colon Cancer rates rise among Gen X , Millennials

Eat less red meat (beef, pork, or lamb) and processed meats (hot dogs and some luncheon meats)

Eat less red meat (beef, pork, or lamb) and processed meats (hot dogs and some luncheon meats)

Yup agree . But then I went to 0 on meat and 0 on chicken, and almost 0 on dairy .

Last edited:
Yup agree . But then I went to 0 on meat and 0 on chicken, and almost 0 on dairy .

Wow. I've backed off from red meat quite a bit, but 0 meat would be tough.

I've rediscovered dairy. Mostly for coffee, but it's so good. It's whole milk from a local dairy that I think has way more fat content than most other whole milk.

Coach is getting his colonoscopy today: https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/status/842359528939245568

a couple years ago, my dad had his. he called me up really excited to tell me all about the experience. I was happy for him, but I didn't need to hear the hour long narrative he was prepared to deliver. another time, an older colleague once went on and on about his colonoscopy after a work softball game, despite everyone else at the table trying to change the subject.

I gather once you get to be middle-aged, colonoscopies are really exciting business.

but I've had a couple health scares in my life that turned out to be nothing, so I have also experienced the joy you get from learning youre going to be okay, after mentally freaking out and imagining worst case scenarios. you feel like you've been given a new lease on life, while everyone around you is just like, "yeah, yeah, we knew you weren't dying. now please leave us alone to contemplate our own mortality."

My young nephew has Crohns disease, so he has to have one regulary, iirc yearly since he was 12.
If you have Colon cancer in your family history, a person needs to have it done more often say every 3 years, especially after a certain age of I think 50. Been getting it done every 5 years and each time there is either one small polyp or none thankfully. One friend who had it in his family, should go every 3 years but put it off the last time for 5/6 years and had 3 polyps. The doctor told him to come back in 3 years, hopefully he will, but who knows.
I do think that more younger adults are getting this type of cancer due to the constant eating of junk and quick foods. Add to that the additional chemicals and poisonous additives to all the foods we eat from the supermarkets, and not many young people are thinking that in their 20's or 30's they need to have a colonoscopy that the polyps get larger and develop into the disease.
Some supplements a person might want to add to their daily dose to help keep insides clean would be; Wheatgrass, Spirulina, and Chlorophyll.

Back