Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign TJ Lang

Bob Quinn turned Riley Reiff and Larry Warford into Rick Wagner and TJ Lang in his second year as GM.
Anyone complaining about the Lion's GM now?

PFF grades for Lions offensive line!
Taylor Decker - 82.4
Glasgow/Dahl - 42.1/54.9
Travis Swanson - 81.9
TJ Lang - 87.0
Ricky Wagner - 84.5

Bob Quinn turned Riley Reiff and Larry Warford into Rick Wagner and TJ Lang in his second year as GM.
Anyone complaining about the Lion's GM now?

I love what Quinn is doing here. Dead weight is pretty much gone. These two olinemen were huge upgrades imo

PFF grades for Lions offensive line!
Taylor Decker - 82.4
Glasgow/Dahl - 42.1/54.9
Travis Swanson - 81.9
TJ Lang - 87.0
Ricky Wagner - 84.5

Nice, I fully expect both Glaskow and Dahl to make leaps this year. Our centers long concussion absence last year is the only thing that worries me on the offensive line

Nice, I fully expect both Glaskow and Dahl to make leaps this year. Our centers long concussion absence last year is the only thing that worries me on the offensive line

Where's Dahl playing though? He's not beating Lang or Glasgow out IMO. I'm good with him as a backup though...

Wow! Great job Quinn

LB, RB,CB DT,needs left and things are looking up

Last edited:
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/03/pro_bowl_guard_tj_lang_agrees.html#incart_river_index
Pro Bowl guard T.J. Lang agrees to 3-year deal with Lions.
Mlive

Quinn promised to fix the offensive line when he was hired last year, and promised to fix the running game this offseason. With the additions of Wagner and Lang, plus Decker -- who was one of the top rookie offensive linemen in the league last year -- he has put his money where his mouth is.

Lang is coming off a hip injury that held him out of three games last year, which was a factor in his free-agent process. But he's expected to be at full strength by the start of training camp.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/03/12/tj-lang-detroit-lions-visit/99091440/
T.J. Lang coming home to Detroit Lions on 3-year deal.
Freep

Last year, Lang missed the Packers' off-season program after shoulder surgery, and still had arguably the best season of his career.
"And that was even with a bad hip, so I just really made it clear that this is the first year probably in three or four seasons that I?ll be going into training camp feeling really, really good and I?m really excited about that because I?ve always had something," Lang said.
"This year, I got the shoulder fixed, I got the hip fixed, we?re going to be going full throttle and I really think that teams believe me on that and really it wasn?t much of a factor, as big of a factor as I thought it was going to be."

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...tj-lang-signs-three-year-deal-lions/99092784/
Pro Bowl guard T.J. Lang signs 3-year deal with Lions.
Detnews

Where's Dahl playing though? He's not beating Lang or Glasgow out IMO. I'm good with him as a backup though...

Yep. Depth behind Glaskow is huge though, given with Swansons issue last year. I'd honestly be fine with adding another center in the mid-late rounds this year

951 is. He's not watching this shit show anymore!!!! Fuck Bob Quinn!!!!!

Well that would be disappointing as we all can see, Quinn has actually improved the OL.
Lang is a former Pro Bowl guard who comes in and immediately fills the hole left by Larry Warford’s departure in free agency.
Lang graded out as the eighth-best guard in the NFL in 2016, much higher than Warford’s 20th ranking.
and Wagner ranks much higher than Reiff.

And a reminder, Quinn just got the Number 1 Free Agent on the market according to PFF.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-25-best-free-agents-still-available/

Last edited:
I was really shocked at this signing. He left without a deal, went to Seattle... that's usually a sign he's gone.

Pretty thrilled when I saw the headline.

Lang said lions built to win now. Over seattle and green bay

I was really shocked at this signing. He left without a deal, went to Seattle... that's usually a sign he's gone.

Pretty thrilled when I saw the headline.

I don't think Seattle had the money. I could be wrong about that though but i thought i read that somewhere. Now go get Mixon!

I don't think Seattle had the money. I could be wrong about that though but i thought i read that somewhere. Now go get Mixon!

Love where your mind is at Tony. I'm with ya

Last edited:
Quinn getting two big, sought after pieces for the O Line while Minnesota, Carolina, and other teams overpay for O Line scraps...I feel really good about this.

Last edited:
Back