Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign TJ Lang

I was really shocked at this signing. He left without a deal, went to Seattle... that's usually a sign he's gone.

Pretty thrilled when I saw the headline.

Are we becoming the team that players use other teams to leverage a better deal instead of being the pawn we have been for years?

I would love it if we become a preferred destination for players or is this a one off since Lang wanted to be close to home?

Are we becoming the team that players use other teams to leverage a better deal instead of being the pawn we have been for years?

I would love it if we become a preferred destination for players or is this a one off since Lang wanted to be close to home?

If you build it, they will come.

Reiff is making more than decker, lang or Wagner lol. Job well done.

Reiff is making more than decker, lang or Wagner lol. Job well done.

Vikings playing him at left tackle. Picked up mike remmers at rt for 6 mil per

Quinn did a great job. Kalil got 11 per. Reiff 11.5 per

Warford 8.5 per. Lang 9.3. Wagner 9.5

Great upgrades by Quinn

Last edited:
Vikings playing him at left tackle. Picked up mike remmers at rt for 6 mil per

Quinn did a great job. Kalil got 11 per. Reiff 11.5 per

Warford 8.5 per. Lang 9.3. Wagner 9.5

Great upgrades by Quinn

Just crazy to upgrade to Wagner and Lang from Reiff and Warford and spend $1.2 Million less than it would have taken to keep Reiff and Warford.

People are underestimating how big of an upgrade Lang and Wagner are.

Awesome news. Very curious to see how the draft goes now!

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

8 picks. Extra 6th (Pats) in Van Noy trade and have the Patriots 7th from Mike Williams trade and lost our own 7th (Van Noy trade).

Young DL and LBs. DE or pass rushing DT.

Still need a slot WR even though I like Jace Billingsley and TJ Jones. Could just bring Boldin back too but Lions need some speed. We'll see on Keshawn Martin at KR/PR too.

Extensions for Stafford and Ansah a must in May or early summer.

Last edited:
Side question, but how much do Lang and Wagner improve our run blocking? Wagner seems significant upgrade in all phases. Lang seems a more modest upgrade, and perhaps not on the ground specifically. I'm not expecting to turn into a run first team or anything, just trying to understand what kind of improvement should be expected. If all these signings do is make our passing game more effective, that's still a win.

Side question, but how much do Lang and Wagner improve our run blocking? Wagner seems significant upgrade in all phases. Lang seems a more modest upgrade, and perhaps not on the ground specifically. I'm not expecting to turn into a run first team or anything, just trying to understand what kind of improvement should be expected. If all these signings do is make our passing game more effective, that's still a win.

Lang is a solid run blocker. I don't think he's outstanding or anything, but I think he's solid. He grades well, but I often think these grades are a bit misleading.

However, I think Warford had an amazing rookie year and was anything but consistent from that point forward, so I would say solid likely improves things quite a bit.

Warford just didn't seem to open a lot of holes to me.

Just crazy to upgrade to Wagner and Lang from Reiff and Warford and spend $1.2 Million less than it would have taken to keep Reiff and Warford.

People are underestimating how big of an upgrade Lang and Wagner are.

That just shows how much LT is valued over RT. A top tier RT is cheaper than a average LT.

Lang and Wagner are a very nice upgrade, but we paid for it for sure. We have the highest compensated right side of the line in the league now.

Now just pray lang can stay healthy....something he was unable to do as a packer.

I just dont see how anyone could not like this deal. He is a local guy who grew up a Lion fan. He made the Pro Bowl. He plays through injuries and we got him from our biggest division rival.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/03/tj_lang_was_999_percent_sure_h.html#incart_river_index
T.J. Lang was 99.9 percent sure he'd sign with Seattle, until Detroit countered.
Mlive

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/03/13/tj-lang-detroit-lions/99139002/
T.J. Lang: Late Detroit Lions offer topped Seattle Seahawks.
Freep

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/spor...now-about-guard-tj-lang-who-is-returning-home
Detroit Lions — Five things to know about guard T.J. Lang who is returning home.
OaklandPress

Last edited:
TJ Lang sat in with Valenti and Foster and just answered questions from the fans for over an hour. It was great. I might get a Lang jersey now!

Back