Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RyanaCare

tinselwolverine

I like the idea of pronouncing "Ryana" the same as the pronunciation of the pop star Rihanna.

All of three weeks in the making - who would have thought the health care system would be so complicated?

Looks like another cumbersome and nebulous action that will have to be passed in order to find out what's in it and what it does.

I like the idea of pronouncing "Ryana" the same as the pronunciation of the pop star Rihanna.

All of three weeks in the making - who would have thought the health care system would be so complicated?

Looks like another cumbersome and nebulous action that will have to be passed in order to find out what's in it and what it does.

why can't the pharmaceutical industry and health insurance lobbyists who wrote it just tell us?

latest

The folks over at Breitbart have picked up on the RyanCare phrase.

All they gotta do is add the "a" from "ObamaCare and we'll be cookin' with Greece!!!

Looks like the bill is not going to pass.

Blow up the republican party.

What's worse is that this looks to be going to the House to actually vote on.

Basically Trump wants to see who stabbed him in the back. Not a good recipe for party unification.

has anybody found a good summary of what actual changed TrumpRyancare makes or brings to the table?

I've heard some absurd stuff is crammed into the bill that is totally unjustifiable, like huge income tax breaks for the execs of healthcare insurers.

and I heard the concern it to allows insurers to refuse to cover people with prior conditions. I understand requiring insurers to cover pre-existing conditions was one of the few pro-patient things the ACA did that the lobbyists weren't able to get cut out of the bill.

From what I heard yes on the tax breaks for those corps, as well as basically making it extremely expensive for older individuals.

From what I heard yes on the tax breaks for those corps, as well as basically making it extremely expensive for older individuals.

jeez, hitting the senior citizens right in the pocketbook like that would be political suicide for the GOP.

old farts would immediately forget about how much they hate young kids, african americans, hispanic immigrants, the rap music, public education, social welfare (but not Medicare which is okay) etc. and start sending the contents of their Depends to the office of the local county GOP or congressman.

jeez, hitting the senior citizens right in the pocketbook like that would be political suicide for the GOP.

old farts would immediately forget about how much they hate young kids, african americans, hispanic immigrants, the rap music, public education, social welfare (but not Medicare which is okay) etc. and start sending the contents of their Depends to the office of the local county GOP or congressman.

images

Steve Nash is my favourite Afrikan Amerikan.

Prozak-Thumb.jpg

Prozak is my favourite Afrikan Amerikan rapper.

Afrikan Amerikan is a term used by people who believe there is something inherently wrong with being black.

Last edited:
I am confused.

In USA the term Amerikan Amerikan = Black (Negro in Spanish)

However, there is more to Afrika than just blacks.
North Afrika is predominantly Arabic in nature.
There are large groups of whites in the former colonies.

For example, Steve Nash is a world renown Basketball players from South Afrika who holds citizenship of USA and Canada, both countries in America. Funny that he is a true Afrikan Amerikan yet he is white.

Prozak is a Michigan rapper whose ethnicity is Egyptian. For some reason, Egypt is not considered part of Afrika when this term is used. I know the population of USA is bad at geography but come on!

People who use the term Afrikan Amerikan as a euphemism for black do so because they believe there is an implied shame with being black. That is the stereotypical bullshit of the liberal left.

These are the same clowns who use the term 'differently abled' for handicaps/cripples.

Seniors have been eligible to qualify for Medicare for generations.

Obama care changed very little regarding Medicare and I don't think anything about Rihanna care would've changed Medicare a lot either.

Anyway it looks like Rihanna care is DOA and we'll be with Obama care as Ryan said into the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
The bill was garbage at the beginning and it was even made worse by Ryan and Trump in the end and they still couldn't pull in hardliner Republicans to pass it.

I like rand Pauls plan trump should have pual head this up and tell Ryan to piss off

I like rand Pauls plan trump should have pual head this up and tell Ryan to piss off

That's cool and I like Rand Paul and I guess he could be brought in for advisement and what not but there's one little thing -

Rand Paul is in the Senate.

Rihanna care is an appropriations bill.

Constitutionally it has to originate in the House of Representatives.

Last edited:
Back