Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 spring football practice updates

This is probably old news, but they just officially announced details for the Spring Game.

4/15 @ 1PM, following the UM-OSU lacrosse matchup at the Big House.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032817aab.html

Being televised by BTN on tape delay at 3PM.

Unfortunately there are no details regarding the accommodations for their Rome trip.

The game is typically streamed live on the athletic department website, although I can't find anything corroborating that right now.

As per the link, the lacrosse game is live on the BTN, in case anybody is interested.

This is probably old news, but they just officially announced details for the Spring Game.

4/15 @ 1PM, following the UM-OSU lacrosse matchup at the Big House.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032817aab.html

Being televised by BTN on tape delay at 3PM.

Unfortunately there are no details regarding the accommodations for their Rome trip.

Yeah. They must have moved the spring game to AFTER the lacrosse game, because last year, the lacrosse game was after the spring game...and probably no one went, so now they are trying to lure people to attend this lacrosse game before the spring game.

Won't be able to make the spring game this year. I've got some plans that day.

LOL that is precisely why I'm not going to put them up here

Anyway, here is more from spring practice (for those that care)

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michigan-football-maurice-hurst-calls-rashan-gary-a-future-star

I've been writing off Winovich's success last year as a product of being put in advantageous situations, and have thought he might struggle this year, but A) Maybe he really will be pretty good, especially if he adds strength and B) He'll be in a pretty fucking advantageous situation again this year with Hurst and Gary to worry about.

I've been writing off Winovich's success last year as a product of being put in advantageous situations, and have thought he might struggle this year, but A) Maybe he really will be pretty good, especially if he adds strength and B) He'll be in a pretty fucking advantageous situation again this year with Hurst and Gary to worry about.

Wow. He's up to 255. To me, he didn't look much bigger than 225-230 last year. Looked more like a safety than a Lineman. Still, he did well at that weight, so I'm excited to see what a stronger Winovich can do.

Does anybody have a full list of weight changes? I haven't seen that article, yet.

Wow. He's up to 255. To me, he didn't look much bigger than 225-230 last year. Looked more like a safety than a Lineman. Still, he did well at that weight, so I'm excited to see what a stronger Winovich can do.

I just can't help but think he'll be a target in the run game. But maybe even he's (probably) the nominal starter they'll still be able to use him on a situational basis to a degree. That's an area where Gary's versatility to play inside or out could really help.

But yeah, dude looked tiny last year.

I just can't help but think he'll be a target in the run game. But maybe even he's (probably) the nominal starter they'll still be able to use him on a situational basis to a degree. That's an area where Gary's versatility to play inside or out could really help.

But yeah, dude looked tiny last year.

The good part is that we rotate pretty heavily so I doubt he's ever going to be put in a bad situation. Coaches seem to know what they're doing so any weakness he has should be compensated for.

Damnit Tinsel don't quote him, I've had him blocked since last year. Don't need to see the condescending crap that basically comes out of 9/10 posts.

To answer your question, the Coliseum maybe?
It's more like 1/10 but your pussy lips act as blinders

Looking forward to MICHIGAN football just as the hoops team exits the Sweet 16 and enjoying summer are not mutually exclusive endeavors for me. I look forward to football very much and also most certainly enjoy summer.

Might do TWO weeks Up North this summer while basically otherwise living at our place in the mountains (instead of the hot city of Denver).

And I post this while staring at the Caribbean and wearing a MICHIGAN Lacrosse shirt ....multi-tasking and GO BLUE!

Last edited:
Back