Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kovacs back at Michigan, helping coach defense & special teams

He got out of the NFL while a CAT Scan can still detect brain activity. Good for him. I wish him well. Still rankles that he trailed Ellington on that last-second TD in the '13 Outback Bowl. Hopefully he can coach that out of present M players.

Lol did he blow a lot of games as a player? I don't remember that.

To be honest, I don't even remember the specific game I'm talking about.

It was the '13 Outback Bowl that you were pissing and moaning the most about - Kovac's final game in a Michigan uniform - byco just said it in post #4.

Although you used to whine and cry about Kovacs a lot; the walk on who ended up getting a lot of awards and recognition.

Maybe you're so smart that you can see thing all the experts and the professionals miss.

Last edited:
It was the '13 Outback Bowl that you were pissing and moaning the most about - Kovac's final game in a Michigan uniform - byco just said it in post #4.

Although you used to whine and cry about Kovacs a lot; the walk on who ended up getting a lot of awards and recognition.

Maybe you're so smart that you can see thing all the experts and the professionals miss.

So let me ask you, do you think prime-Kovacs would have started this past year on our defense?

Jordan-dam-Kovacs played in the NF-dam-L. That has to count for something about his ability, even as a player for Michigan. I do not care that he was the perpetual 54th man on the roster. Ol' Jordan, he did himself ok.

Tinsel, got any Beemans'? I'll pay you back.

Jordan-dam-Kovacs played in the NF-dam-L. That has to count for something about his ability, even as a player for Michigan. I do not care that he was the perpetual 54th man on the roster. Ol' Jordan, he did himself ok.

Apparently one can still get it here.

He's a great player to have on your practice squad. And probably would make a decent coach for the same reason -- he's smart but physically just not there.

He's a great player to have on your practice squad. And probably would make a decent coach for the same reason -- he's smart but physically just not there.

Not the best defender to ever wear an M uni, and not in no way no how the worst, either. You are way too harsh on him for reasons unknown. He was an asset more than a liability, unless you are claiming that the depth was so thin that there was no choice to start him. If that is the case, then you are on quicksand.

Nobody ever said Kovacs was Charles Woodson.

Anyways, with the secondary being completely rebuilt, a smart coach is going to definitely be an asset.

Not the best defender to ever wear an M uni, and not in no way no how the worst, either. You are way too harsh on him for reasons unknown. He was an asset more than a liability, unless you are claiming that the depth was so thin that there was no choice to start him. If that is the case, then you are on quicksand.

I maintained at the time that better, more physically talented, players were on the roster....even if they were younger.

Back