Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Good News 2017 Season

So what happens with Christin Stewart? You'd think he'd eventually be up but with JD in right, eventually, and J-Up making a ton of money in left plus Jacoby in center.. Where's he play?

possible reasons he gets called up:

serious long term injury issues in the OF
he hits the cover off of the ball in AA and AAA
the Tigers suck and they sell at the deadline
Sept call up

possible reasons he gets called up:

serious long term injury issues in the OF
he hits the cover off of the ball in AA and AAA
the Tigers suck and they sell at the deadline
Sept call up

I wasn't really referring to just this season but down the line. He seem to hit rather well, and can take a walk - along with a few k's and so so defense. At season's end, December, he turns 24. Seems like they have to do something with him next season.. Maybe we'll know more with a full season in Erie/Toledo.. If they promote him.

The Good News is Great News today. Game 7 win get us tied for the Division lead. and Guess what the TWO run offence worked thanks a really great start by Boyd's 6 inning one hit 6 strikeout outing.

The offence only got 4 hits but one of them was a two run shot by McCann's team leading 3rd Homerun.

The Bull Pen Pitch 3 innings giving up a run by 4 pitchers, Ryan pitching out of a two on one out spot. The Minnies did make it ruff on K Rod in the 9th, but he got them for his 3rd save.

I wasn't really referring to just this season but down the line. He seem to hit rather well, and can take a walk - along with a few k's and so so defense. At season's end, December, he turns 24. Seems like they have to do something with him next season.. Maybe we'll know more with a full season in Erie/Toledo.. If they promote him.

Unless someone knows something I don't, J.D. is more than likely gone after this year. The 2018 OF could be Upton, Jones and Stewart. Of course, Upton has an opt out clause, so it could also be Mahtook, Collins and Jones in the outfield in 2018 and Stewart at DH.

Stewart Scouting Report:

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/2/...ect-rankings-christin-stewart-scouting-report

Glad Boyd bounced back with a good outing .. one win closer to that WS title we all want !!

well The Good New is once again Great News. Tiger win is all way good news. Fulmer fighting to get 6 innings and his 1st win with 7 strikeouts was good. The Bully Pen show up today. Ryan pitched a scoreless inning. And Closer A Wilson pitched TWO scoreless for the save.

Pitching gets A+
Defense got 2 DP's and played good A

Offense only 6 hits 2 doubles Upton, and Castellanos and a Homer Romine did the trick. Two hits by Collins was only out matched by Romine's two hits. It was Romine's Slamie that was the show of the day. That capped a 5 run 4th inning. Tigers now have 11 Homers in eight games. And have at least one in every game. By seven different hitters. None named Cabrera, Martinez, or Upton! Think what could happen should those people get going?

BTW the Romine Slamie has a jingle of a sound. Yea send that Lettuce to the head of the table.
And as all ways the Good News is great news with a Tiger win. 6-2 Division lead buy them selfs. Zimmerman goes tomorrow, I'm ready.

4-13-2017 Tigers wake up with the second best record in MLB and best in the AL. Should the WS be played today like it was before the playoff days the Tigers would play the Cincinnati Reds. Now that would be one, no one would pick.

The Good News, 4-14 Jimenez Sent Back Down show how miss managed this team is. Leading off a player that's 1 for 8 in the lead off spot in the last THREE season is close to being awful as well. Add to that not pinch hitting for him in the 9th after an 0-4 day was irrespondable. poor management, poor management. Tigers could have won game 5 to 3. Zimmerman relief by a better reliever get them out of the inning. Then bring in Green for long; BTW he came in after ever thing was blown up and pitched 2 innings! was a better choice.

Well for some good news Cabrera and Upton Home run's were ruined by terrible relief pitching. Jones 1st Triple was also waited. He had two hit. Iglesias had three hits and two RBI's waited as well. Bottom of the line up has been doing good

The Good News tonight 4-14,game 10. A win over the Tribe. Norris pitch great for the win. Tigers hit two HR by Cabrera and Alex Aliva. That all I Can do for now bed time.

The mooring after an intense game. The good News is Norris got the win for the Tigers with 6 innings of Scoreless two hit 4 walks and 5 strikeouts, not needed long relief! as most know I'm big on starting pitching going 7 but the PC was at 101, so BP had to come in. That 8 th inning was all most too much. Only to be topped off by the 9th inning. Trust me when I say this Cuevas had no business being in the 9th. Ryan failure forced J Wilson to be in the 8th. A Wilson got the 7th ok. But the mess in the 9th was imo on mismanagement. Really hard to believe tigers threw 183 pitches and won the game.
O and K Rod got the save, along with a 5.40 ERA! Thanks to the bases loaded debacle.

Tigers offense scored SEVEN runs and needed ever one of them. Tigers got doubles from Iglesias (3rd),Castellanos(3rd), HOME RUNS AleX AvilA's (1st)2 run shot, Cabrera (2nd) 3 run homer.

Hit wise 12 were lead by Iglesias 3, Cabrera 2,and Avila 2
Cabrera is 6 for 21 = .285 in the last 6 games, so he's starting to come to life.
Iglesias 2nd in arrow 3 hit game gives him 8 for 20=.400 in his last 6 games.That gets his aveage too .250 on the 10 game season. Of course no one is hitting better than Avila .625 right now. The young season can produce some eye popping stats.

As always The Good News is Good with a Tiger WIN 7-3 Division lead.

Last edited:
Honestly, the bullpen is the only thing that has been subpar(Brad not included). That shouldn't shock anyone

this team will be below .500 before May. This start has been done with smoke and mirrors. No team can sustain success with this BP.

The Good News is Great news this day. Game twelve is/was a winner in many ways. Boyd gets his second win and leads the team in wins as well. Tigers take 2 out of 3 from the Tribe in there park. Tigers stay in the Division lead with the win with an 8-4 record. In truth I thought they could be easly 4-9 at this point.

Pitching wise Boyd did a great job 2-1 lowing his era to 3.77 being the 1st to get to two wins on the staff. More on this later. A Wilson comes in for his Six game. With a scoreless inning for his 2nd hold. Some one has to step up and help! J Wilson comes on for his SEVEN game, 3rd hold. Again the rest of the staff got get into the game. K- Rod got his 5th save in six tries. So the Good News for todays game pitching wise is great news.
(later)Now for the series and last 4 games that another matter! Zimmerman inability to pitch in the cool weather, and Verlander terrible against the Tribe are a concern, as the Tigers could play them in cold weather in the playoffs! Good thing the new gaurd is doing well Boyd 2-1, Norris 2.19 era, Fulmer 1-0 2.25 era. The young guns are doing better than the old ones.

Offense Thank you Alex for your 2nd Home run to get 12 games in a row. To think the Catchers are leading the team with 5. All 3 outs fields together tie it with 5. It takes 3 of infielder to get 6, all four have 7.
Seven hit today. Doubles from Iglesias (5th) Castellianos (4th). AleX AvilA 2nd Homer a two shot produce the 4-1 Tiger WIN.
And as all ways the Good News is great news with a Tiger win.

Last edited:
4-17-17 The Good News, I got my taxes done early so today was a good day. Tigers had an off day so no chance of a loss. WSox are losing to the Yank, Tribe at Minnie good things can happen there. Bosox won over TB so Tigers need to be ready.

Tue Apr 18 Fulmer 1-0 vs Andriese 0-0 7:10 @ Tampa

Game 13, was a lose. The Good News which was started in the 2008 season was started for games like this one. Find the good in losses. And indeed one can find some. Cabrera 3rd Homerun. Gave the Tigers 13 for 13. It all so gave Cabrera a 5 games with a hit. His Homer made him 7 for 17 = .411, much better than his season average. V-Mart pick up his 3rd hit in arrow for 3 for 10=.300 turning around his falling average. Getting those two going is needed. Upton's hit gave him 8 for 27=.296 in his 8 games. Bringing his average up. Iglesias got a hit. His 5th game in a row. 9 for 18=.500, bringing his average up to .262. So even though Tigers had only 4 hits. Four players were able to improve on the young season despite the poor offense.

Pitching wise Fulmer 1-1 pitch 6 innings giving 3 runs that was enough to lose the game. Ryan did worse enough said. Green K two. Saupold pitch a good inning.

1st off I would like to forget game 14, There were times it was hard to watch, let alone to see some of the replays. But one of the Good news was the offense did come back after being down 5-1. That in it self made the lose in the 9th even more hard to take. " Just in Madison Bumgarner INJURY while DIRT BIKE RIDING on his off day!! Over all this game was poorly played. It will be talked over and over.

Game 15 Kinsler lead off Homer was the high light. Castellanos accounted for 2 of the 5 hits. 7 for 17 = .411 in last 4 games.
Pitching Lets move on to the next game.

Game 16 Cabrera 3 for 3 but is gone for a while. Tigers took a 3-0 lead into the bottom of the6th inning. When the unthinkable happen Verlander walked the bases loaded, without an out. When it was over Tigers gave up 6!!! Hardy and Sanchez pitch good 7th and 8th innings. But way too late.
Tigers record falls to 8-8 despite having the lead in every game at some point in there games. The pitching and defense have beaten them too many times!

Game 17, 4-22-17 The Good News, They won on my Birthday. Castellanos hit his 3rd Home Run, Upton went back to back with his 3rd to help the 5 to 4 win. Tigers got doubles from Hicks 1st and Castellanos 5th. Two hits from Castellanos, Upton, Hicks, and Romine. To lead the 11 hits.
Boy the Tigers defense was something to not watch.

Pitching was something different as well. Boyd got thrown out before he completed 5 innings so ND. Hardy came on and got the win. Green, A Wilson, J Wilson pitched good to get the game to the 9th. KRod gave a homer before gaining the save 6th for the Tiger win. Ending a 4 game skid.
So I can return to; And as all ways the Good News is great news with a Tiger win.

The Good News is Great once again. Game 18 was a win the Tigers #10,and Fulmer's second. With 7 strong innings 2 runs, 7 strikeouts, 4 hits, 1 walk, and that HR.

Sanchez came on and proved to be ineffective. Tigers owe him around 21 million. I think he is untradeable.

J Wilson came on and bailed in out!
Joe Jim Got a strikeout in 9th and lowered his era. Brad better not put him in a bad spot until he ready.

Offence had a field day Avila 3rd Homer puts Tigers catchers with 7 to lead the MLB. Hicks 1st was his 1st MLB Homerun. Doubles by Adduci 1st, and V-Mart 1st of season. V-Mart, Adduci, and Hicks all had 3 hits led the 13 hit attack.

Back